All reviewsroom was cleandesk clerknext morningwaffleslate at nightnice staynice breakfastgreat roomstay there againgreat place to stayfree breakfastanna maria islandbwbrittanypillowsstarbucksrenovation
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I may have given this hotel a better rating if it was priced accordingly. But over $200 a night is ridiculous.
We feel ripped off. The hotel was not full.

Here's the good: Room was clean, bed was comfortable. There was no smoking smell.

Here's the disappointing (not in order of degree): Hallway carpet was filthy, Price for the night was too much but I agreed to it because hotels in the area were booked. (and had developed loyalty from previous BW stays). Refrigerator did not get cold enough.Bathroom was dated. Even though the rate was twice that of Venice, FL: there seemed to be cut-backs and cost-savings for that particular hotel. Examples of cut-backs include: less pillows, less helpful staff, watered down waffle mix, no bananas, no bottle of water offered when I checked in as a member.
Before we checked in: We went to Anna Maria island and took out bikes. This hotel was just a place to sleep after our day. The next morning we drove to our next location with our bikes.

Room Tip: Don't pay more than $80 a night for this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanvia
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Upon arrival I usually turn down the bed which is what I did here. No top sheet! We had to go to the front desk and request a top sheet that we had to put on the bed. Then in the bathroom I discovered we were only given 1 bath towel for two people. Back to the front desk. We turned on the t.v. and it did not work-front desk again & luckily the employee that fixed things was there and came to our room right away. However, in order to use the TV we had to program it every time we turned it on. Not something I am good at but my husband is no stranger to programing tv's. so we were able to work around this problem. During our stay we did not have any housekeeping done in our room. We had to take out our own garbage. Breakfast was your typical setting but with "omlettes" instead of your dry scrambled eggs.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. The place was a good value. Clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. The place was a good value. Clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable. The place was a good value.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Showed up late for a 3 night stay. Our first room was 319. It smelled conspicuous when we got there but it was so late we just went to bed. All night long, I could smell the noxious odor. The next morning, I put a towel on the bathroom floor and noticed little black specks every time I walked from the carpet onto the towel. I think the smell was a cross between coffee grounds and urine. I am a former nurse and this is a smell I have smelled while working in a nursing home. I did get our room changed with no problem but when I asked the clerk said "Oh, I know what that's from". Yikes!!!! Otherwise, the hotel is fine. Breakfast is average but not bad. There is only one elevator which is a problem at 9am when the house cleaning service is using it to move their carts. Air conditioning was subpar and the room was always humid.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

We checked in on Monday, April 13th; the next morning we reported that the ceiling lights in the bathroom did not light and that the phone had no dial tone (unable to contact front desk). That night, the lights still did not light and the phone still did not work; the beds were made, but the sheets had not been changed. There were notices about reusing the towel in the bedroom and the bathroom, but nothing about the sheets.
On Wednesday morning at 8:50 am I was awakened by a beeping sound as if a truck was backing up, but when I looked out the window, there was no truck. I dressed and took the elevator down to the lobby for breakfast when I was informed that the fire alarm had gone off. Well, there was no alarm in my room, and I had no way of knowing that what I had heard had been a FIRE alarm, an in addition, the elevator was able to work ( which should not be possible during a fire alarm). Breakfast was inedible because it was cold.
We returned to the room about 10:00 am; put the "do not disturb" sign on the door, dressed, removed the sign and left for the day about noon. We informed the front desk that the lights and the phone still did not work, and left for the day.
We returned to our room on Wednesday night after ten pm. The lights in the bathroom had been fixed. The beds were not made, sheets had not been changed, wet towels and garbage were still there and the PHONE STILL DID NOT WORK. I went down to the desk and complained to the young woman who said that she had just started the job, but that she would tell the manager and was sure the charge for the night would be deducted. She did tell us that the maid reported the "do not disturb" on the door, but that she never went back to check. I said that the lights had been repaired so the "do not disturb" had to have been off for that. The phone still was not working.
Thursday morning we again told the desk about the phone and asked to speak to the manager. The young man went to get her. Upon his return, he told us that she was in but w/could not come out to speak with us. On Thursday night when we returned, I asked if the charge had been removed and was told that it had not because of the "do not disturb" sign. I replied that the sign had been removed at about noon that day, and that maintenance people had gone in to repair the bathroom lights. I asked for a 3:30 an wake up call which we never got because THE PHONE IN THE ROOM STILL DID NOT WORK. We left at 4:30 am and the young lady, overnight clerk, gave us our paid bill with the charge for Wednesday still on there. We are Gold Elite Rewards members; we only stay at Best Westerns because every stay has always been excellent. I would NEVER stay at the Bradenton facility again; I would not recommend it to anyone, and I will share this complaint with TripAdvisor.com.

Room Tip: Do not expect any effort from manager.