“Far Hills Avenue (48) from Centerville to Kettering to Oakwood provide a perfect setting of charm and character”

Central Perc European Cafe
Ranked #75 of 826 Restaurants in Dayton
Reviewed 28 December 2016

´Tis a grand sunny day in Centerville, Kettering and Oakwood. Snow is in our four season forecast later this week.

Far Hills Avenue (48) from Centerville to Kettering to Oakwood provide a perfect setting of charm and character. Far Hills Avenue is an ongoing adventure for foodies and shoppers. There is an abundance of all-weather outdoor sports, as well as professional sports in the greater area. The community is an ideal center for residents and tourists. It is an Ohio resort setting.

Today, our radar is set to the Central Perc European Cafe, which is located a block west of the famous Oakwood Club, which offers great steaks.

British couple Mike and Rose offer sandwiches, coffee, tea and scones and much more... Even following an early afternoon Tennis match, the Central Perc European Café is nearly 100% full. Young parents with infants, senior citizens, and college students have discovered the Central Perc European Café. Mike definitely speaks British, and a visit to Central Perc European Café is as nice a visit as if one were in Great Britain.

We decide on a simple chicken salad with greens and a fresh baked baguette.

The service: swift and pleasant.

The ambience: British tea parlor with great soups, wiches, and salads.

The dining: superb.

The tariff ´tis appropriate for the fare.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 1 December 2016

.....soups are delicious ! Service could not be better. Tea, of course, is also very good. I meet all my friends here because I know they will love it.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I tend to get too wordy when I try to write a review about a place I so enjoyed so I'm going to make it short. What this place lacks in atmosphere, it more than makes up in deliciousness. We had afternoon tea with the three tiered dish of high quality European pastries...I can't say enough about the wonderful variety finger sandwiches and pastries and especially the clotted cream they drop on top of the desserts. The pastry cream they put in the cake is the best I ever had. I'm not a fan of local scones but theirs......made me a big fan. When we came in, there was a long list of tea selections to choose from; not being a tea drinker, I asked for a suggestion and it was house tea. It was really good but I ordered coffee on the side since I knew they had better coffee than the normal house coffee and I chose Sumatran...very good. Loved this little place and will definitely go back but it's a little pricy and they don't take credit cards so be prepared.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016

The sandwiches and cookies here are delicious. Lunch was great and the coffee is excellent, also. The employees are very friendly and helpful. I think the owners were probably on site working there also. It seems quite English/European with delicious scones, soups, sandwiches, cookies.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 23 August 2016

If you are looking for a nice lunch or treat, Central Perc is the place. From homemade scones and jam to homemade soups . Afternoon tea is an enjoyable experience with your friends. You couldn't meet a nicer person than Mike Morgan, the owner!

Date of visit: August 2016