“Sunday after church”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Always a bit busy, and expect a wait time. The staff is friendly and helpful. Extensive menu. Always love the eggs Benedict / Hollandaise on the side. Ham is thicker cut and delish! The yummy muffins come with many breakfast entrees. Lots of choices and freshly made Banana pancakes were very good ! Coffee is plentiful and hot! Just excellent for Sunday morning!! Love this place!!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This is one of the fee breakfast joints were you can still get a decent potatoes pancakes. This forgotten dish deserves an occasional salute and if you can tolerate a line the Golden Nugget has got your back

Reviewed 7 April 2017

A visit to this pancake house is almost an adventure in nostalgia than dining. It's always tasty and filling though perhaps limited in refinement. Tasty tasty potato pancakes and generally good breakfast fare. For what it is, it's generally very good as long as you're looking for an old school experience and diner cooking.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast! Wait, let me back up!
We arrived on a Sunday morning about 11:30, just about when the church crowd gets outs. The place was busy and there was a line out the door. I had previously called to see if I could get a reservation, but was told they didn't take them, but I was told the wait was only 25 minutes long. The line went quickly though and we got our seat.
We got our coffee right away and it was hot and nice tasting, not bitter at all. What I would call smooth. We looked over our menus and decided to get more than we could eat because we wanted to try a variety of things. We ordered biscuits and gravy, potato pancakes and the cinnamon pancakes.
A friend had recommended the potato pancakes and they weren't wrong! They were the best potato pancakes I've ever eaten. They were crispy around the edges and soft in the center. I got mine with the applesauce. The plate was full of them, about eight in total. Yum!
The biscuits and gravy were good. Pretty much the usual. The cinnamon pancakes were huge and I had the three pancake order. It came with butter and about a pint of warm syrup! They were awesome. I thought they might be overly sweet, but no, they had lots of cinnamon, which I like. I used the applesauce, which by the way is a chunky version, with the cinnamon pancakes and it was heaven.
The service was good. They were very busy and could have used a few more people working, especially for the coffee refills. The price was very reasonable. Needless to say we had plenty of leftovers that tasted just a good a couple days later. If you can, go.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Brunch at the Golden Nugget is a tradition for many families. Food is good and service is prompt. This restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch, but that's allowed them to perfect their varied and delicious menu.
Be warned. There is ALWAYS a line, but the staff has learned to move it along and the food is always worth the wait.