See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I should have known from the minute I pulled up that this was not going to be good. The front door was locked and you had to pull into the valet area which was dirty and had plywood over some of the windows that was knocked out of the entrance way. Had to immediately climb a set of steps to reach the lobby. The lobby was dark and you could see lots of hand made signs all over that suggested "low budget". I was checked into my room on the 9th floor and I cautiously walked to the elevator. Elevator was OK and i arrived on the 9th floor. Immediately I was greeted with hot air; there was no AC in the hall. My room was very dated. The TV was probably from the late 90's and when i turned it on all i got was static; no picture. I checked the bedding and it seemed safe and clean. The bathroom was OK and seemed clean but not very well stocked.
As i looked around the room the smoke detector was gone and bare wires extended from the wall. The safety latch on the door was loose and not well secured. The door had a hole at the bottom that allowed light to pass under; it was a half round hole that looked like a mouse might have chewed its way thru? I started to think that being on the 9th floor without a smoke detector in the room did not seem safe.
I called the front desk to ask to move; no one answered. I waited and called back two more times. Still no answer so i decided it was time to leave.
I grabbed my gear and spoke with nice lady at the desk and said there were several problems with the room and I did not feel safe. She said she would cancel the reservation; she apologized and said they had no amenities available including TV? Less than 30 minutes later when I called the booking agent they could not reach the hotel; no one answered. i may never get that refund but I am glad I left.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Ranson J
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I am absolutely disgusted with Dayton Grand Hotel. The manager Nichole Perez was not even available and had a new hire named Bonnie running the hotel for the weekend. My boyfriend and I booked the hotel for the weekend days in advanced. We arrived and check in. The front desk agent Bonnie, gave us directions to the elevator. We walk to the elevator and wait for about 10 mins for them to come. We ask what's the problem with the elevators and she tells us they've been having issues but they do work. We finally get to our room and the keys she gave us do not work. My boyfriend goes back downstairs to Bonnie to get the correct keys. He comes back, and we open the door only to find someone occupying the room. At this point we've had enough. We grab our belongs and go and speak to Bonnie. She informs us she's new and obviously does not know correct protocol in helping a displeased customer. She tells us the hotel is booked and she can not give us another room. I ask to speak to the manager, she tells me Nichole Perez is not there on the weekend. I am not from Dayton and I drove all the way here for a fun weekend with friends. I will never stay at Dayton Grand hotel ever again. They have subpar customer service, and have wasted my money and time. Thank you Nichole and Bonnie for a terrible weekend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Msmorgy
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I booked through a discount travel site. Pictures say it all. The front doors were locked and had a sign on them directing you to enter from the doors in the parking garage. The parking garage entrance looked like it was getting renovated a while ago, but then abandoned. Same with the front desk area. It was dark and dingy ..... One person came from the back to greet me - no one else was in sight. She told me a story about the hotel having new owners and the original company hired to renovate the hotel was fired because a chandelier fell from the ceiling. A sign at the front desk stated that the fitness center, sauna, pool and restaurant were closed for renovations. It also said that there was no cable. I can't believe they are even open. I didn't even go to a room before requesting a full refund from the booking agency. To their credit, the "all sales are final" policy was not enforced in this case. Despite what some sites say, this is not a 3.5 star hotel - It's a 0 - it shouldn't be open.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is disgusting and terrible. It should be shut down for multiple health code violations. We walked in and walked out 5 minutes later. The receptionist seemed to be used to people doing that and cancelled our reservation at no charge.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I was shocked , a few items from my suitcase (sweatshirt , cap ,polo shirt..). have been stolen by hotel personnel .Luckily did not have any valuable items !
Hotel is in very bad shape poor cleanliness and maintenance ,no TV program available, no wireless internet available,no breakfast,ice machine broken - no ice available...it is not smoking free environment- whole floor full of cigarette smoke ...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends