See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I am absolutely disgusted with Dayton Grand Hotel. The manager Nichole Perez was not even available and had a new hire named Bonnie running the hotel for the weekend. My boyfriend and I booked the hotel for the weekend days in advanced. We arrived and check in. The front desk agent Bonnie, gave us directions to the elevator. We walk to the elevator and wait for about 10 mins for them to come. We ask what's the problem with the elevators and she tells us they've been having issues but they do work. We finally get to our room and the keys she gave us do not work. My boyfriend goes back downstairs to Bonnie to get the correct keys. He comes back, and we open the door only to find someone occupying the room. At this point we've had enough. We grab our belongs and go and speak to Bonnie. She informs us she's new and obviously does not know correct protocol in helping a displeased customer. She tells us the hotel is booked and she can not give us another room. I ask to speak to the manager, she tells me Nichole Perez is not there on the weekend. I am not from Dayton and I drove all the way here for a fun weekend with friends. I will never stay at Dayton Grand hotel ever again. They have subpar customer service, and have wasted my money and time. Thank you Nichole and Bonnie for a terrible weekend.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Msmorgy
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I booked through a discount travel site. Pictures say it all. The front doors were locked and had a sign on them directing you to enter from the doors in the parking garage. The parking garage entrance looked like it was getting renovated a while ago, but then abandoned. Same with the front desk area. It was dark and dingy ..... One person came from the back to greet me - no one else was in sight. She told me a story about the hotel having new owners and the original company hired to renovate the hotel was fired because a chandelier fell from the ceiling. A sign at the front desk stated that the fitness center, sauna, pool and restaurant were closed for renovations. It also said that there was no cable. I can't believe they are even open. I didn't even go to a room before requesting a full refund from the booking agency. To their credit, the "all sales are final" policy was not enforced in this case. Despite what some sites say, this is not a 3.5 star hotel - It's a 0 - it shouldn't be open.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is disgusting and terrible. It should be shut down for multiple health code violations. We walked in and walked out 5 minutes later. The receptionist seemed to be used to people doing that and cancelled our reservation at no charge.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I was shocked , a few items from my suitcase (sweatshirt , cap ,polo shirt..). have been stolen by hotel personnel .Luckily did not have any valuable items !
Hotel is in very bad shape poor cleanliness and maintenance ,no TV program available, no wireless internet available,no breakfast,ice machine broken - no ice available...it is not smoking free environment- whole floor full of cigarette smoke ...

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

I travel across the country and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The fumes in the room were unbearable. We had to switch rooms twice to find a room we could breathe in. My wife is pregnant and I had two young kids and simply did not feel safe. The rooms were extremely dirty, the cable didn't work, and the ac and heater did not work as well. I cannot discourage this place enough.

Date of stay: March 2016