USD 162
Priceline
Air View Inn(Dayton)
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 62
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel under renovation, check in at makeshift lobby area, but not that bad. We had a suite on 7 th floor, quite spacious. Very very reasonable. However, parking facility was bad. Very narrow and dark, and stairway was filthy. Location good for a visit at University of Dayton.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Hotel under construction - front desk a folding talbe and an I don't care attitude by staff. I can't beleive Expedia let us book this. Worst Hotel Ever but averter running 76 miles we had no choice to stay but trust we we would of ran away if we could of. Markt to Market should be ashamed to list them as the hotel of choice for the Relay.
No gym, no restaurant, no lobby, no front door, no service, NO GO !!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JERSEYGIRLININDY1
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Staying at the Dayton Grand this past weekend was anything but grand. I stayed at the hotel a few years ago, when it was the Doubletree for a wedding and had a wonderful experience. The hotel then was beautiful and made quite an impression on my sister and I. My sister booked her wedding at the Kuhns building, about a block away, so staying at the Dayton Grand seemed like a great decision. When she called in January to block book rooms, she was told that they would be a fully renovated hotel by the weekend of her wedding, September 5 and that because she was booking at that time, she would still get the original prices of the rooms before they switched. It seemed too good to be true, and it was.

The hotel restaurant, gym, and pool were all closed. In addition, the parking garage had an entire section of ceiling missing right as you pulled in, the front doors had caution tape hanging on them, and the entire lobby was covered in debris, plastic coverings and tape. It looked like no work had gone on in this hotel for quite some time. The poor receptionist was set up in the decrepit lobby on the second floor with card tables and fans pointed towards her as there is no air conditioning in common areas.

The second day there, two police cars sat out front as they took out an individual who had been staying illegally on one of the floors. Our rooms were not cleaned sufficiently and I had to ask for all of them to be cleaned again and all rooms booked in our block to be double checked before their arrival.

Not once did my sister receive notice that the hotel was still under renovation. In fact, no where on their website do they indicate that they are under construction at all. And to kick us when we were down, the manager denied telling her that renovations would be complete when she made her initial call. No one thought to let her know what to expect. She only found out the day before her wedding when she checked in...thinking she had booked a beautiful place for guests to stay.

It felt like staying in a nightmare. Looking back, I guess we should have checked more current reviews, but having stayed there before and having had a great experience, it never occurred to us. After looking at reviews from this time last year talking about renovations, I can't imagine that much work has been done, maybe it will never be. All I can say is that this hotel was in absolute unacceptable shape for any person of any kind to be staying in. They should have closed to complete their work and reopened. I would not stay here until you've confirmed their work is done.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is the worst hotel I have been to in the world and I have traveled to over 20 countries. I have lived in tents, huts and desert accommodations and the service and attitude of this place was worst that I have ever experienced. Stay as far away as possible from this hotel. They unilaterally told us we had been moved to a sub standard Ramada hotel 2 days before we were supposed to arrive for a conference. When we arrived at the Ramada they had no record of our reservation, which was supposed to have been made by the Grand. There were no Dayton grand staff that were available to help with this issue and we were stranded without a room at night after a 7 hour drive. They have promised a refund but keep delaying it.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Poorak M
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I sent them the following email A WEEK AGO!!!! No response...

Hello,
I am writing you directly before posting another negative review on travel sites about our stay at the Dayton Grand. As I looked into staying with you I read many terrible reviews, but I figured with a price tag of 90.00 it couldn't be as bad as the reviewers were saying... boy was I wrong and sorely disappointed.

When I made the reservation, I was told that the "pool, restaurant, bar and fitness center were under construction". I was not told that what appeared to be the entire hotel, except for our room, was under construction. The lobby was a mess, the check in desk was set up on card tables and when I went to ask a question in the morning I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come to the desk. Seriously 20 minutes! This was absolutely unacceptable. Can you imagine another hotel making guests wait 20 minutes to ask a question?

I was disappointed in the hotel but also in our room. Our room was not clean, there were bugs everywhere (I suppose that is due to the construction). The hallway was uncomfortably quiet, empty and dark. There was also NO air conditioning.

I understand that you all are under construction and that's something that needs to be done, but you should absolutely be more clear about the condition of the hotel when booking rooms, or maybe close down all together. With a price tag of $90.00 I expected MUCH more from you all.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple