“Free and informative”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Amazing little museum with radio artifacts from GA history. Very nice young lady explains the story of the museum in a Welcome Center. Very worth the time!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

We accidentally wandered into the Georgia Radio Museum & Hall of Fame. Being residents of St. Marys, we had no idea it was even there! It is small but well kept, and interesting. It fascinated my 3 kids for about an hour. There are some very nice examples of 1900s technology. We will go again.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I wasn't expecting much, but when I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the voice coming from an old radio in one corner. It was playing an old radio broadcast from many decades ago, when people only had radios in their homes, and I could almost imagine seeing a family sitting around the radio, listening intently to the announcers every word, as if their lives depended upon it.

Once I started looking around the room, I noticed shelves upon shelves of antique, and not so antique, but not new by any means, radios, all labeled with their manufacturer's name and date, and the model number of the radio, with very few exceptions. For such a small space in such a small town, it was really quite a collection.

The only reason I didn't give this attraction five stars is because it's called a "museum" and maybe I'm spoiled, but to me, a museum is rather large, with many rooms, and even more than one story, so I was a bit let down by its size and scope, although it was impressive for the space it did take up.

Nevertheless, if you visit St. Marys, GA, especially with children who would appreciate these items (kids whose faces are glued to their devices 23 hours a day), I recommend a stop at the Radio Museum and Hall of Fame. Maybe seeing these old radios will give them a better appreciation for the technology that they enjoy every day.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

INSIDE the St Marys Welcome Center. Very cool place. Free, and some interesting things to see about Georgia Radio.