Ramsey Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast
USD 125*
Quality Inn(Sierra Vista)
USD 67*
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspiesnature conservancywild turkeysgreat birdingsierra vistapie crustevery afternoongreat birdsbedding and towelsse arizonaperfect retreatspent three nightsdutch babygreat place for bird watchingan excellent place to staybreakfast tablegreat room
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Yes, I would stay there again, although the key lime pie was a little disappointing. I had hoped for something a little more homemade tasting. The half and half for the afternoon tea was curdled. Breakfast was ok, but could have had a little something extra like a muffin. Really the reason to stay here is the chance for Berylline and White-eared Hummingbirds. If you are planning to visit Ramsey Canyon Preserve right next door, be sure to find out when the Preserve is closed. We got there on a Tuesday hoping to stroll in the Preserve, and alas it was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now.
Sitting on the porch in the evening and listening to the Northern Pygmy Owl was great!

Room Tip: We got the lowest priced room which was very pleasant but a little small.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank birdwatcher55
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed three days at RCI. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, well maintained, and the breakfasts are "over the top" good. Baked pie every PM helped also.
There are plenty of outdoor activities available in Ramsey Canyon, and other attractions are just a short drive away. Hummingbirds and other birds are plentiful.
We are already planning another trip.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tecolate
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My husband and I spent our 20th anniversary at Ramsey Canyon Inn, it is a magical place. The rooms are exquisite, the breakfast is amazing and the pies, well, I don't think there is a word to describe the pies. If you think your mom or grandma made the best pies wait until you try Shirlene's pies. We loved the canyon with all of the wildlife, especially the hummingbirds. There is a feeder on the window at the breakfast table and Shirlene calls off the hummers visiting the feeder while you are eating a superb breakfast. I read one of the earlier reviews and I have to say the Inn is in excellent shape, it is almost like brand new, there is plenty of lighting in the front of the B & B and Shirlene is the perfect hostess.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank faccio
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My fiancee Michelle and I stayed in one of the cross-creek duplexes, where we cannot (unless by invite) partake of the breakfasts but can still sample those yummy pies. I absolutely recommend the duplexes, as we "did our own thing" with no thought as to time or place. We just relaxed, hiked, ate, napped and repeated for 8 luxurious days. Yes, the duplexes might come across as a tad spartan, but I am quite acceptable of the comfort and privacy available at the bed and breakfast. Contrary to any poster who has said the hosts were "rude," I have always found them cheery, helpful and eager to please. If I only knew more about the B+B business and had the available funds, I would buy this place in a heartbeat. Absolutely worth the trip, and can't wait until Michelle and I can make the trip again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkN66
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Just returned from a birding weekend at Ramsey Canyon. We'd booked the b&b a month or two ago, so I was a little worried when I saw the most recent reviews. What a relief to find that this gem is still just what I'd read about in earlier reviews.
The location of the inn is perfect for anyone planning to visit Ramsey Canyon-it's literally feet away from the entrance. The inn has a beautiful & cozy living room to hang out in and watch hummingbirds from its many windows. The bedrooms are good-sized with very comfortable beds. (We stayed in the Magnificent room-which turned out to be our favorite hummingbird as well.) Our hostess , Shirlene, was lovely and welcoming. She serves a family style breakfast at a long table with a hummingbird feeder just outside the window. One can eat and watch hummingbirds at the same time. We saw seven species there during our two day stay.
Many of the other, more experienced birders have stayed there two or three times-and one set of friends were there for the sixth time.

Our only disappointment was that we didn't see an elegant trogon, but I guess even Shirlene couldn't provide that!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends