“Bachlorette Dinner”
Review of Westside Cellar Cafe & Lounge - CLOSED

Westside Cellar Cafe & Lounge
Reviewed 11 July 2012

On April 23rd, 2011 my daughter hosted a wine pairing dinner for her future sister in law. The dinner was planned as a wine pairing dinner and the chef was just amazing in coming up with some outstanding courses to pair with wonderful wines for everyone!! Even though several of the guests were late(and a couple not even showing up) the service and atmosphere could not have been better!!! I am going to Westside for a birthday breakfast/lunch next Friday and cannot wait!!! You will not be disappointed in thie establishment!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were first time visitors to the City of Ventura, so we parked for free at the parkade at the corner of Santa Clara and California, and made our way to the Visitors Information station. Armed with a walking map and a recommendation to consider Main Street for lunch options, we began the process of looking at menus and checking out restaurants.

We had headed left on Main, walked up until Mission Plaza with nothing really catching our eye, until we saw Westside Cellar Cafe. The menu displayed outside looked good, reasonably affordable, and the interior was welcoming.

And so it was that we had one of the best lamb sandwiches ever. Slow roasted, tender and savory lamb with caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese, with a brush of a herbed aioli. All this nestled between two thin toasted slices of sourdough bread, just enough bread to envelope the filling, which of course was the star attraction.

The sandwich was accompanied by perfectly cooked (and hot) pommes frites.

What an excellent lamb sandwich, and we have sampled many in our travels. The only gloomy spot in our entire lunch experience, was that we had decided to order and share only one sandwich, and share a salad as well. With food this good, you will want to have it all to yourself.

Kudos to the chef.

2  Thank Keskeret
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been to Westside cellar severals times for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are now open for breakfast and lunch! Dinner there is always amazing (I personally am a huge fan of the duck) but I was curious to see how breakfast would play out. You will NOT be disappointed! Just like dinner, the plates are artistically presented and the flavors bursting with each bite! Although Westside offers the typical breakfast foods (I.e. pancakes, eggs Benedict, omelets, etc.), this is not a typical breakfast house! The quality of the food and service is just so much better than the average breakfast house and the prices are just as cheap! I would definitely recommend Westside Cellar whether it be for breakfast/lunch or dinner!

1  Thank jlam10
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We found ourselves in Ventura around dinner time & had no idea where to go...then we saw Westside ~ thought let's give it a shot and voila...one awesome meal, amazing service, beautiful environment and perfect stemware for a great glass of vino!! Looking forward to going back soon :)

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I went to this restaurant based on the high rating it has on Trip Advisor. I have to give it a mixed review based on the following:

Positives: Nice atmosphere, friendly service, well decorated. I had the chicken schitzel based on other reviewers recommendations and it was terrific.

Negatives: My boyfriend ordered a steak that was supposed to be very rare. It showed up as medium. The kale served with it was over cooked. He did not want to send it back because then my food would have been cold. The chef offered us a free dessert for our trouble. We got triple chocolate cake which was very good.

Another BIG negative is the wine selection. The name of the restaurant leads you to believe it is a wine bar type of place. The menu had several wines listed but at least half of the selection was "out of stock." They should either not advertise as a wine bar or go stock up on wine. It looked bad to open the wine list and have most of the items be unavailable.