“Best Chinese Restaurant in Ventura”

Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is not only the most attractive Chinese restaurant in town, it has the best food and the best service. One time while eating dinner there a huge tour bus pulled up in front and 40 Chinese people exited the bus and came into the restaurant. I was told it was a tour bus of people from China touring Southern California who had booked a dinner.

That says a lot about this restaurant's reputation and authenticity.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This restaurant continues to please. Good food, generous servings, great service and staff. Also good for takeout, and dim sum on the weekends. Lunch or dinner, we're always happy with Peking. Easily the best Chinese in town.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I love Peking duck and come here for it when I can. They serve it with pancakes and not the squishy rolls(yuck) upon request. We come with friends and family to enjoy the duck and also cashew shrimp. Staff is wonderful - friendly and helpful. I am hungry just thinking about the duck. Going to call now because it takes two hours for this order...

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Great food and awesome service. Margaret is always willing to modify manu to personal taste. Decor is really nice and staff is super friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We call this place Margaret's -- because that's the owner's name. We eat at Margaret's at least once a week. We love this place! The food is fabulous -- you can order regular Chinese food, but there's a "secret" Chinese menu if you like more authentic food. And you can also ask Margaret to make up something special to surprise you. You can choose the meat and the level of spice, tell her what you don't like, and get a custom dish.

There are so many things I love! For soup, we often choose the sizzling rice soup served at the table. For an authentic dish, there's a dish that has a sort of pork ribs -- I think it's called Wa Shu. (I may have that wrong.) It's addictive! You won't get a bad meal here, everything's terrific.

Coming here is really like going to family. Besides Margaret, there's Cedric the manager (ask him for recommendations if you like spicy food) and Brandon the waiter, who is a real gem. They're happy to accommodate kids, it's good for luncheon business meetings, and they have dim sum, too! (I love the shu mai.) It's nicely decorated -- lots of wood -- and it feels comfortable. It's in a shopping center so there's plenty of parking, but there can be a wait on Friday nights and Chinese holidays. It's a good place to come whether it's a date, with kids, or in a large group.

I think this is the best Chinese food in Ventura, and it's one of my three favorite restaurants!