“Cosy seafood place with great environment ”

Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant & Clam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant & Clam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 474 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: USD 9 - USD 25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a casual seafood house that is located right on the dock in the Ventura & Santa Barbara Harbor. You'll find a bustling scene of fisherman, young professionals and sand-sprinkled beach-goers nearly every night of the week at these true-blue waterfront institution. Dungeness crab cocktail, oysters on the half-shell and fried shrimp round out the "small" menu offerings. Fresh fish specials, such as grilled white sea bass from local waters, mahi mahi dusted in Cajun spices and pan-blackened local yellowtail, are highlights on the "long" menu. No matter what, libations are always in order at this locals' favorite gathering place. Everyone is welcome at Brophy's, hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very popular place with a friendly family environment. The setting is pleasant and the food tasty. Good selection of wines

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Nice, lively eatery on the Ventura Harbor so the views are terrific! Seating is varied; bar, side tables, inside or out on the covered deck. It’s all good. Food is yummy + the beer is cold. Great stop for lunch. It can get a little noisy inside if crowded (hence the 4 stars). It’s a popular place so wait times (and parking) vary depending on day.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We love Brophy Bothers in Santa Barabar so when we found there was one in Ventura had to go. The food was great and we got to see the Tall boats which was fun.

We will go back in the summer whe nI imagine the area will be a little livelier. Was fun even in the winter to see the marina too.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

A typical tourist trap whose main goal is to get you in and out. Ordered the poke salad. Lots of salad...had to search for the ahi!

If you’re in a lurch and every other restaurant is closed for remodeling then this is the place to go!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

First off, our server was absolutely delightful and very accommodating. I ordered the clam chowder to start. It was DELICIOUS! One of the best chowders I've had in a long time! With that said, I expected my salmon to be spectacular too. Sadly, it was far from it. I don't know what kind of salmon (ie the region and/or farm raised vs wild caught) it was, but nonetheless, it was super dry and overcooked and the flavor was not great at all. The server not only offered to take it off my bill but insisted she have the chef cook another piece for me to try (without charging me for it). Talk about great service! The 2nd piece was not as over cooked, but despite that I still was disappointed with the salmon itself. Believe it or not, just the night before I went to the restaurant downstairs from here (hint, hint - the Italian place that starts with an "M") and I had their salmon. They serve it on a bed of bowtie pasta but I opted to have grilled veggies subbed in. It was one of THE BEST pieces of salmon I've had in a long time, which I wouldn't have expected from an Italian restaurant. So if you're looking for great service and great chowder, definitely come to Brophy Bros, but if you're looking for great salmon, check out their competition downstairs! I'm talking melt in your mouth, super moist salmon with an amazing flavor!