“Lost it's former glory for Sunday Brunch”

Golden China Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 455 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2016

So disappointed in our Sunday Brunch today. I have been going to Brunch here for years but something is way off lately. 2 months ago I went for brunch and it was horrible the food was cold and even though we arrived 1 hour after they started serving none of the food was ready. I just chalked it up to a bad day. Decided to give it another try today and it was worse. Food was cold and once again food was not ready 1/2 hour after they opened. The omelette/waffle station was not ready for at least an hour and the guy working to set it up told me and all the others in line "I am not ready so go have a seat and try later". The other food even though it was just being brought out to the buffet was cold and tasted old. Looking around you could see that the whole restaurant is filthy and in much need of a update and cleaning. The soap in the woman's bathroom was so watered down that there was no soap left in it. Golden China you are cutting way to many corners and your brunch is suffering. I should have realized when there was about 20 people there when the place used to be completely overbooked.

1  Thank rakm123

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We visit Golden China all the time with big groups and family. Today was just us. Wes made us the "Wes-inator waffle" bacon and choc. Chips. Melted butter, maple syrup and whipped cream. Champagne too.! Awesome.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

The "Golden China" has a wide variety of truly great Chinese food, but it has 2 additional attractions of: occasional Live Music, from very good local bands, in the main room; as well as nightly Karaoke in the lounge/bar, though its music selection is a bit limited. The drinks are generous and the service is quite good. The only draw back to me of the karaoke is that many of the younger singers seem to like that Rap "stuff" (for lack of a different description), and for always being crowded, waiting time for YOUR song may be a bit long.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

This place is very old, and has not had any work done to the facility in years.

Food is so so, and not worth stopping for.

I sure hope you had time to read and did not stop before I wrote this post.

I will never never return,

Reviewed 7 September 2015

We went to the Golden Gate on a Sunday evening . There where not very many people there and our waiter was there there for us all of the time. I tried the Dinner Combination with won-ton soup and Kun pao beef I dont want to list the rest of my menu but it was most excellent! My wife had sweet and sour chicken. The food was worth it and it didnt break our billfolds. It was well worth for the value and service and the food!