“Great Szechuan!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We went to the Golden Gate on a Sunday evening . There where not very many people there and our waiter was there there for us all of the time. I tried the Dinner Combination with won-ton soup and Kun pao beef I dont want to list the rest of my menu but it was most excellent! My wife had sweet and sour chicken. The food was worth it and it didnt break our billfolds. It was well worth for the value and service and the food!

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Fun place for weekend Karaoke they serve fresh food til, 1:30 am. Great place for friends. They have a restaurant side and a bar side. Security is strict here , so dont bring drama lamas they will get kicked out.

1  Thank BeachGuy805818
Reviewed 21 April 2015

We came here for a rehearsal dinner the night before my cousins wedding. The interior was fun and a different change of pace for the normal. The wait staff was friendly and professional.
The food was excellent, especially the wontons.
Half way through our meal (which was on a Friday night) live music was being set up. When the music started it was Hawaiian music with the ukulele and drums. This was interesting all in its own, because it is a Chinese restaurant. After about 10 minutes of the signing and playing dancers came out in full costume with the headdresses and coconut bras and grass skirts and danced for the rest of the time we were there. This made for a loud and distracting meal experience but it was fun and something I didn't expect and will probably never come across again. My son loved it.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Not a lot of late night restaurants around and we just happened upon this place. Great food, very authentic. Great service and order came pretty quickly. My friend and I enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant (with exception to the karaoke), but even that was entertaining. It was his first experience with authentic Chinese food and I enjoyed every minute of watching him try new dishes. There is a lot to choose from on the menu. I live in Northern California and am always up for a road trip to Ventura for this place. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank infinatefreedom2014
Reviewed 2 January 2015

This is a fun place. I would call it "Old School." Fun atmosphere inside. Large. We had some combo meals and they were great. So much to eat. Very nice.

1  Thank KatQ2u