“Very nice place”

The Sushi House
Ranked #86 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Small so be prepared to wait or get there before the dinner rush. Good portions on the bento boxes. Everything seemed wuite fresh

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I had lunch at the Sushi House yesterday and I loved it. It's a small one assuming restaurant with brightly painted murals on the walls. There's a lot to choose from on their menu. I ate a sashimi assortment that was extraordinary. The food was beautifully presented. The fish was really fresh. And the service was really friendly.

I highly recommend this restaurant and I'm pretty picky about my sushi.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

My husband I really loved this place! It was one of the best sushi places I had been to in a long time. We made it about a half before lunch closed and they had no problem seating us and didn't rush us at all. I enjoyed the food so very much I even texted pictures to my brother which I never do with food.
The chirashi bowl was amazing, delicious, fresh and generous portions. The nigiri and roll we had were also large generous portions of fresh fish.
It's also right next to the beach... I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Cute little place near the beach. Have patio, indoor and sushi bar seating. Serve beer, wine and sake. Tons of sushi and Bento box and other selections. Everything was really good and we tried a lot of sushi rolls. My only complaint is that they serve imitation Krab; real crab is only in a few things. Real bummer for me on the sushi front.

1  Thank scottfamilyranch
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Loved this friendly neighborhood sushi joint. The portions and pricing were very fair. I had the Hamachi Sashimi, received 7 healthy sized pieces, and they were fresh and buttery. I also ordered the Avocado Bomb which was "Da Bomb"! It was really tasty, but more than I needed ~ I ate the rest for breakfast the following day, it was still just as good! The owner is on site and interacting with customers. The staff were all friendly and offered good service. I can't wait to return to Ventura so I can revisit this gem of a restaurant. Plus, it's a block from the beach!