“I expected more”

BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 837 Restaurants in Little Rock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A very nice looking place! The wait staff was fairly attentive, could have been better... we were a table of 10, and waiter seemed “newer”. Their microbrew was very tasty. The meal on the other hand was something to be desired. I got the sirloin steak, it could have been used for the hockey puck in the next Stanley Cup playoffs. Much smaller than I expected, and grilled WAY past med-rare, I had to get some steak sauce to choke it down. Since this was a business trip, I hope we choose not to go back.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have attempted to make this location a favorite restaurant. Why wouldn't I, when the menu is so appealing in options and taste.

The major problem here is the management team. When the restaurant first opened I attempted to contact the managers to discuss bringing medium sized groups to their restaurant. I cannot believe how many times the people I contacted asked me to hold and never came back on the line.

Nevertheless, I have taken a number of groups to this location and while they really enjoyed the food we never had an uneventful event.

On one occasion when the food was delivered one couple's pizza did not arrive. After a short wait we asked the server what was happening and he said that he didn't know. He searched out a manager who came to our table to tell us that when they made the pizza they realized that they had put the wrong ingredients on it. The couple said that would be all right. Just bring us the pizza that you mistakenly made. The manager stated that he couldn't do that because they cut it up and gave it to the guests at the bar.

Another example: In a smaller group one person described a dietary condition that required careful attention to the food's components. When our food arrived, of course, the item that was to be deleted was all over the dish. When we finally found our missing server he said that it wasn't fault, but we were really more interested in getting food for our hungry companion. After a significant time lapse a new dish was brought out. It looked just like the first one. We asked to speak to a manager and he said that he was sorry and stated that he would get this corrected immediately. By the time the meal arrived everyone at the table had completed eating their meals and the hungry guest had an appointment that he needed to go to so the only thing he could do was asked for a "Go Box".

There are just two examples of people who never intend to return to BJ's, and I certainly would never suggest to anyone that they go there.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Copeland’s across the street was busy so we walked over and immediately were seated in the bar area at a tall table. It was busy with lots of people waiting at 6:30 in a Saturday. Good atmosphere and beer, but the deep dish pizza was not good! Prob should have looked up reviews to see what was recommended. My wife said the Parmesan chicken was ok, again not worth the trip!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Few restaurants can do most everything well--especially when menus feature such a wide variety of food cuisines. BJ's is the exception. We've been to five or six locations in several states. I assume the corporate office must have very high standards when they choose personnel and train them because BJ's in each location we've been too has been amazingly consistent.

Service is always prompt and friendly. The bar options are extensive. The atmosphere is terrific--both warm and fun at the same time. Even when full, the noise level has never been a problem.

BJ's can be a great for dates, lunch, bar foods, groups of friends or even a business meal.

The menu options are enormous. In fact, just finding what you want takes time. Yet, everything we've ordered has been very good--pastas, appetizers, burgers and sandwiches, plate dinners and even deserts.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

BJ’s never disappoints. Had the cherry salmon and a glass of happy hour wine for under $25 with tip. Decent service, but great food.