“I like this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milts Stage Stop

Milts Stage Stop
Ranked #9 of 113 Restaurants in Cedar City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
New Harmony, Utah
“I like this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have eaten here many times (10+). Milt's has the freshest salad bar in Southern Utah as far as I am concerned. The food is excellent depending on who is cooking that night, as I have had a "not so good" meal here once. But for the most part your chances are you will have a great meal! I love the mountain/cabin atmosphere, the service is kind of slow, so if your in a hurry to be somewhere else after dinner go a different night. Would I recommend Milts? Of course I would!! We are planning to dine there again this week. :)

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Inland Empire
“Charming plus good food and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our hotel recommended Milt's and we are glad they did. Very fresh salad bar comes with your meal, friendly service and filet mignon was very good, plus ample size. We would go here again. We sat by the window and watched all the hummingbirds, which was an added treat.

• Visited May 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Tasty casual dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Had dinner at Milts on a Friday night the end of April. Easy 5 minute drive from the University/Downtown area. No reservation was needed. The 14 was still closed at the time so I am sure this had to do with the ease of getting a table. Now that 14 is opening up I would make a reservation on a weekend.
This is a casual place. Jeans and nice shirts are the preferred dress of most dining there. Pretty view out the large windows. Menus are on big wooden bread boards. Menu is steaks, fish, and chicken. The salad bar is basic but good.
My friend and I had the filet. Very tasty and cook just as ordered. I really like that it is served with grilled mushrooms. Husband had rib eye, which he said was good but cut a bit too thin for his taste. There is not a bar area but drinks are served to your table. Wine list was small but had adequate choices. We will be back.
FYI, Milt's and Milts, rated restaurant #10, are both the same place

• Visited April 2012
Payson, Utah
“Great place for steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We got there early on a Friday night so we showed up without a reservation but was seated right away. The views out the windows of the mountains was a bonus to dinner. I had the Prim Rib it was cooked to perfection, seasoned just right. Will be back to try the Rib eye.

• Visited March 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Cozy setting, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We went on a snowy Monday night in February, expecting to be almost the only customers, and counted 50 diners when we arrived at 6:30, 35 when we left at 8. I asked the bartender/manager if he was as surprised as we were, and he said "yes". The result was a little bit slow service, but it wasn't from lack of trying: the staff of one host/mgr/bartender, two servers and two bussers cheerfully rushed with dispatch giving 110% to the unexpectedly large crowd.

My wife had only and appetizer of smoked trout and the salad bar. The fish was a generous portion served with crackers and sauce. Quite good. My ahi tuna was seared properly rare and topped with an inventive combination of red peppers, mushrooms and capers.

That salad bar deserves special mention: it was as fresh as I've ever tasted, quite bountiful in its variety and we notice that it was replenished several times while we were there.

The ambience is classic western steakhouse, a log cabin nestled in the woods with a fireplace, various game trophies on the walls, and the friendly staff seals the deal with a big "howdy" kind of welcome.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank dicksdeli
Daniel A, Manager at Milts Stage Stop, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Thank you for the nice review. come back again. we will keep up on the clean beer glasses.
Daniel