“Excellent food - vegetarian dishes available ”
Review of Sweet Basil Thai

Sweet Basil Thai
Ranked #29 of 129 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We were visiting Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival and this was were we had dinner our first evening (a Monday - glad they were open on Monday).
The food was exceptional-most of us ordered curry (both vegetarian and meat-based selections are available). We also ordered a shrimp soup that was flavorful. There was plenty of rice for all of us to share.
The iced tea was good (not watered down) and the waiter kept it filled.
The only disappointment was that one person in the party ordered pork for the curry and the curry was delivered with chicken, not pork.
I had the tofu curry at level 2 hot-ness. It had a nice seasoning balance and was not spicy hot. I do wish they'd added a little more tofu, however, it was delicious.
We would certainly eat here again!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I visited with my family recently after it was recommended by our hotel. We wanted a break from burgers and pizzas so thought Thai would a good option. The restaurant looks a bit outdated but don't be mislead...the food is amazing! One of the best Pad Thai's I've ever had. We also ordered satay, honey sauce, ginger sauce and panang curry dishes. Each was so delicious! HOWEVER, I am a spice lover and only ordered level 5 spice (on a scale of 1-10) and it was too hot! Opt for the lower side of caution to be safe and be able to enjoy it properly. The dishes that we opted for level 3 spice were just perfect. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant. The server was very knowledgeable and helpful regarding my questions about vegan options. Turns out they can alter several dishes to make them vegan. Great prices too. One tip for you, the "medium" level of hotness was very, very hot. Next time I will ask for mild.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is darn good Thai, especially in the high desert. They have a very broad selection on their menu and most everything is made to order. They let you pick your own spiciness levels from 1 to 10. My only wish would be to allow the customer pick their own dipping sauce.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Been looking for a good Thai Place and we tried this place right after it opened a few years back. Their food quantity and quality has improved a lot. If you are seeking Thai Food and don't want to drive to St. George, give Sweet Basil Thai a try. Its small and simple and better for lunch than dinner.