“best hotel ever”

Ranked #3 of 467 Hotels in New York City
piggy91
“best hotel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

i love this hotel. i loved the wine and cheese at 5. we went there during the blizzard in 2010. so when we came in and they got us dinner.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank piggy91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Arabic first
Alva, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I had been to NYC on two different occasions and was looking for a place to stay on my honeymoon. I looked and looked with no luck when my travel agent suggested the Hotel Giraffe. So I decided to book this great little hotel for six nights and was not disappointed. My wife and I teach school for a living and are by no means wealthy, but for six nights we were treated like royalty. The people at this hotel were WONDERFUL!!!! I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that treated me as well as the folks at Hotel Giraffe. But the positives do not stop there. The rooms were very very clean. The rose petals on the bed and the wine and strawberries were a nice touch for this honeymoon couple. The only concern I had going in was there was not a hot breakfast, but the breakfast proved to be very very good, and I really enjoyed the free papers available to read at breakfast. The staff at breakfast was very nice as was all the staff, the cleaning crew, the maintenance crew ( I put my key by a credit card and couldn't get in my room the maintenance gentlemen went with me to the front desk to make sure I got another key) and the gentlemen working the door treat you like you are a kind. The view from my room, 907 was wonderful, I enjoyed the big french doors and the view they offered. This hotel needs to be rated number one in my book.

Room Tip: I asked for one on a higher floor with a view and got it. The view from the balcony was wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HommerSpec
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hotel Giraffe is a very classy modern New York boutique hotel done in a French style. The interior is elegant and spotlessly clean. I like the location on West 26th Street and Park Avenue South because you are able to look out over a boulevard but enjoy peace and quiet in a somewhat residential area. (Madison Square Park is just a block away.) Also, the location is convenient if you wish to go further downtown but also if you wish to go to the theatre district or midtown. The staff is professional and unobtrusive. I thought the hotel rates were reasonable.

In short, I highly recommend this hotel as giving the perfect New York experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We just stayed here for the first time on 1/29/12. The hotel was in a good location but enough out of the way that there was not much noise or hustle and bustle so it was very relaxing. Check in/out was quick and easy. The room was beautiful. It was my birthday and the hotel gave us a free bottle of wine. The staff was very accommodating. There is a beautiful lobby with free refreshments and in the morning there was a complimentary breakfast. Our experience was very positive and I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again. And the price was reasonable for a nice hotel in NYC as well.

Room Tip: Balcony room was great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer R
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Hotel Giraffe was rated #5 of 432 hotels on Trip Advisor when we visited. And now I know why. The service: impeccable. The rooms: more spacious than most NYC hotel rooms, superbly clean, uniquely furnished and all the amenities you need. The beds: counting sheep not required. The location: perfectly set in between the north and south ends of Manhattan so you can quickly get to Soho or Times Square. The extras: free wifi, free breakfast and a concierge that makes magic happen. We called very late the evening before our departure and asked if it was at all possible to have a cab or car pick us up at 5:45 the next morning. They have partnered with a car service and not only was a vehicle waiting it was a full service limo - taxes, tip and tolls included for less than $80 to JFK. Highly highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business