As a Club Carlson member, I usually stay in Radisson hotels which offer good location and good value for money. However Radisson Martinique is the exception. Stayed there for 10 nights during a mixed business/vacation trip and the experience was overall very poor.
The only advantage of this hotel is location. Two blocks from Macy's big department store, the hotel is located in midtown Manhattan making both downtown and uptown reachable by feet if you like walking. If you don't, you will find a convenient subway stop right in front of the hotel.
A couple of days prior to my trip the Club Carlson website offered me an upgrade to a "Club Level" room for $600 extra. I took the upgrade and the room we were given in the executive floor was nothing alike the photo on the website: no sofa, no extra space. Just two beds and a small bathroom.
The hotel has supposedly been recently renovated even if it doesn't seem so. AC machines make a terrible noise when they are on and the smoke evacuator in the bathroom is manually switched on during day time by hotel staff, which means if you arrive to your room late at night it will smell as if somebody would have been smoking there.
But the worst part was internet access, which was down during the whole stay. Being from aborad I personally checked there were free internet access as in other Radisson hotels before booking. There was a limited speed (512k) free connection a higher speed (1,5M) paying one but none of them worked. First day upon arrival we were told "there might be a problem with the internet in all of New York" which of course was trash talk. Days went by and the internet wasn't working, every day "under maintenance". It is unacceptable to pay for a business room nowadays and have to go early in ther morning and late at night to Starbucks / McDonalds to check email and have work done. The only internet working was in the business center with six very old PC usually occupied by teenagers checking their Facebook pages or watching YouTube videos. You couldn't use your own computer and work there.
Overall a very disappointing stay. This is by far the worst Radisson hotel I've stayed and I wouldn't recommend it at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique