4,489 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomfree wine tastingnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruit
Reviewed 16 December 2014

We had a bad experience with a 'posh' hotel in NY so when we returned a few days later we stayed in The Metro. At check-in the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was quite basic but spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. The location was perfect and the rooftop bar a fantastic area. I will definitely return on a future visit to NY.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AandA_8
Reviewed 15 December 2014

2nd time of staying at the quaint art decor styled hotel. as usual, the quality of service was excellent. The rooms are adequate and well appointed.

The breakfast in the morning is perfect, muffins, bagels and cereals, just get down before 08:30 so as to get a table.

The Metro grill serves the usual fare and I priced to reflect the location.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2014

me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 6 nights over thanks giving. i had brought with me a pair of micheal kors sunglasses i had gotten as a birthday present. i didnt once take them off the desk to bring with me out and about as it wasnt sunny while we where in nyc. we left the hotel to head to the airport and while i was in the car only able 20 minutes after leaving the hotel i remembered i left my sunglasses in the room so i called to see if they could post them to me but they said the only thing left in the room was a book. i was shocked and i said well i will check when i arrive back to ireland if they were in my suitcase but i didnt think so. i called the second time and the lady was not helpful when i explained i didnt have them i asked the lady to look into this further and it has not been 2 weeks and nothing. without a doubt taken by a staff member and i will never stay in a hotel i cannot trust again, i ave plenty of friends and family heading to nyc and would never recommend it again after this.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank cpitch
Reviewed 15 December 2014

If you are looking for a moderately-priced NYC hotel, clean, friendly, in a great location, with FREE continental breakfast, this is the one! Yes, it is a tour hotel and you'll read reviews from unhappy European travelers, but we loved it! The king-sized room was lovely. The bed was super-comfy! The staff answered all our silly tourist questions (which they've heard thousands of times) without hesitation. And what NYC hotel includes a complimentary continental breakfast? Sure it's bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea ..... but, that's not bad at all!! The best part is the location is perfect ..... a quick walk from Grand Central, Fifth Avenue, Times Square, etc. This hotel is going on our 'must stay' list. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nottinghall
Reviewed 15 December 2014

location! location ! location!
Tiny room but the cheapest I could get during Christmas discount season! close to Times Square and all shopping places around. lot of pubs and eating places around. Macy's was just less than a mile.
Had a 2 day stay, but very comfortable and nice stay in the middle of Manhattan,NYC!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo