4,491 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomfree wine tastingnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruit
Reviewed 15 December 2014

me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 6 nights over thanks giving. i had brought with me a pair of micheal kors sunglasses i had gotten as a birthday present. i didnt once take them off the desk to bring with me out and about as it wasnt sunny while we where in nyc. we left the hotel to head to the airport and while i was in the car only able 20 minutes after leaving the hotel i remembered i left my sunglasses in the room so i called to see if they could post them to me but they said the only thing left in the room was a book. i was shocked and i said well i will check when i arrive back to ireland if they were in my suitcase but i didnt think so. i called the second time and the lady was not helpful when i explained i didnt have them i asked the lady to look into this further and it has not been 2 weeks and nothing. without a doubt taken by a staff member and i will never stay in a hotel i cannot trust again, i ave plenty of friends and family heading to nyc and would never recommend it again after this.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank cpitch
Reviewed 15 December 2014

If you are looking for a moderately-priced NYC hotel, clean, friendly, in a great location, with FREE continental breakfast, this is the one! Yes, it is a tour hotel and you'll read reviews from unhappy European travelers, but we loved it! The king-sized room was lovely. The bed was super-comfy! The staff answered all our silly tourist questions (which they've heard thousands of times) without hesitation. And what NYC hotel includes a complimentary continental breakfast? Sure it's bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea ..... but, that's not bad at all!! The best part is the location is perfect ..... a quick walk from Grand Central, Fifth Avenue, Times Square, etc. This hotel is going on our 'must stay' list. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nottinghall
Reviewed 15 December 2014

location! location ! location!
Tiny room but the cheapest I could get during Christmas discount season! close to Times Square and all shopping places around. lot of pubs and eating places around. Macy's was just less than a mile.
Had a 2 day stay, but very comfortable and nice stay in the middle of Manhattan,NYC!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel from the 1st till 6th of december. Chose the hotel on a recommendation from a family friend, and it did not dissapoint! Everything was catered for that we needed! The breakfast was great and was a good start to the day! The hotel restaurant food was also fantastic! The hotel is ideally located, a short walk from the empire state building and 10 min walk to times square! I highly recommend this hotel! We will defiantly be returning. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Having stayed at the Metro on our previous visit to New York we had no hesitation in booking this hotel again. My husband e-mailed the hotel prior to our visit to explain the purpose of our visit this time was to celebrate my 60th Birthday. On check-in we were advised that both ourselves and our friends who we were travelling with had both been upgraded to Executive rooms. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite located on the 11th floor which was amazing, it lovely surprise and a bottle of chilled sparkling wine was also waiting for us. I can only reiterate what everyone else has said about this hotel, the hotel is in such a great location, Macy's is just around the corner and Times Square is just a short 10 minute walk away. The staff are all really helpful and the free breakfast is a great way to start the day. It is really nice to come back to the hotel after a long day sightseeing or shopping! and be able to go to the lounge and help yourself to free tea and coffee. The view of the Empire State Building from the rooftop bar is amazing and not to be missed, we actually took our bottle of sparkling wine up there and drank it whilst taking in the views.
Thank you to all the staff at the Metro Hotel for helping to make my 60th Birthday so memorable. We will certainly be back when we next visit New York.
Sue and Ian from Milton Keynes

Room Tip: Superior rooms are on the higher floors and have tea and coffee making facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends