4,492 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomfree wine tastingnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruit
Reviewed 15 December 2014

location! location ! location!
Tiny room but the cheapest I could get during Christmas discount season! close to Times Square and all shopping places around. lot of pubs and eating places around. Macy's was just less than a mile.
Had a 2 day stay, but very comfortable and nice stay in the middle of Manhattan,NYC!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel from the 1st till 6th of december. Chose the hotel on a recommendation from a family friend, and it did not dissapoint! Everything was catered for that we needed! The breakfast was great and was a good start to the day! The hotel restaurant food was also fantastic! The hotel is ideally located, a short walk from the empire state building and 10 min walk to times square! I highly recommend this hotel! We will defiantly be returning. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Having stayed at the Metro on our previous visit to New York we had no hesitation in booking this hotel again. My husband e-mailed the hotel prior to our visit to explain the purpose of our visit this time was to celebrate my 60th Birthday. On check-in we were advised that both ourselves and our friends who we were travelling with had both been upgraded to Executive rooms. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite located on the 11th floor which was amazing, it lovely surprise and a bottle of chilled sparkling wine was also waiting for us. I can only reiterate what everyone else has said about this hotel, the hotel is in such a great location, Macy's is just around the corner and Times Square is just a short 10 minute walk away. The staff are all really helpful and the free breakfast is a great way to start the day. It is really nice to come back to the hotel after a long day sightseeing or shopping! and be able to go to the lounge and help yourself to free tea and coffee. The view of the Empire State Building from the rooftop bar is amazing and not to be missed, we actually took our bottle of sparkling wine up there and drank it whilst taking in the views.
Thank you to all the staff at the Metro Hotel for helping to make my 60th Birthday so memorable. We will certainly be back when we next visit New York.
Sue and Ian from Milton Keynes

Room Tip: Superior rooms are on the higher floors and have tea and coffee making facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2014

I have just got back from New York where I stayed at the Hotel Metro and the first impression when I arrived was 100%. The staff were very kind and welcoming, very polite very helpful and explained everything to me, they even got my Wifi on my phone which was nice. They always answered my questions. The room was FAB. I could not make a bad review on the room only that they did not have the logo face clothes which is on the advert as I would have liked one. It would have been nice to have tea making facilities as you had to go down stairs to make a hot drink, but all in alll the Hotel Metro to me should be a 5*. I would go to the hotel again, so here's to saving up.

Room Tip: I got a good room on second floor and I had a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2014

After a horrible experience at the St. Marks hotel I went back to Hotel Metro (my friends were staying there) to see if they had room at the inn for a night. Everyone I encountered, from the door man to the front desk staff, was so helpful and kind, and really came through when I was in a bind. The rooms were clean, spacious and nice, the free breakfast plentiful. A really great place to stay, in a great location, with fabulous staff.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends