“New York”

The Hotel @ New York City
Ranked #327 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Angela M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 27 February 2014

After months of researching I chose this hotel for my February trip to NYC. SO GLAD I DID. It was a great deal (Feb is the month to go for an all around cheaper trip). The staff was courteous, genuine, and did everything they could to make my stay comfortable. They arranged a taxi service to pick me up and take me to LaGuardia, and the driver was super nice, too. I got in at 1:30 am one night and the doors were still open for me. They even held my bag after I checked out so I could do more sightseeing before I left for the airport.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. If you're more of a "finer things" person, you may not like it (wallpaper barely peeling in a couple spots) but I don't care about that, and enjoyed the awesome Tempur Pedic bed and the awesome view I had from my room!

I only had breakfast at the hotel once. It was basic hotel breakfast items. The other days I went to Pret A Manger (close by), which was really delicious. Which leads me to say that the location of this Ramada is SO GREAT. Probably the best deal you can get for being a few blocks away from Grand Central, the Empire State Building, etc. There are also many subway/bus stops near by. Much cheaper than taxis, and part of the manhattan experience!

If I ever go back to NYC I would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Tori G
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Staff very polite, happy to help with any queries.

Nice clean rooms, sheets changed daily. Beds very very comfy.

Free national calls from room phone.

Free internet crazily quick. Speedtest at 55mb down / 35mb up

Breakfast in the morning nice, a good selection. Hotel is close to Subway.

Would definitely stay again when visiting New York again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Junior2k
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice clean hotel with great rates. Free breakfast includes eggs, toast, fresh fruits, toast, bagels, pastries. Murray Hill location (some call it Curry Hill due to abundance of Indian restaurants). Across street from fabulous Dover Street Market. Nearby subway makes uptown and downtown convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank reenmyers
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a tiny room on the top floor - everything somewhat run down, with a very load ventialation system on the room. Without jetlag and earplugs sleep would be difficult. As friends of us had a big, modern, pleasant room in a new hotel just a few blocks down the road for less money, we would not recommend this hotel, even for New York City. The positive thing was definitely a high quality breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor, however, we do not know whether other rooms are better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Feuerspatz,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we did not meet your expectations. While the hotel is an older building, we continually invest significant dollars upgrading the entire product besides checking to make sure everything is in perfect working order. That is reflected in the many positive comments we receive both on this forum as directly. Our rooms vary in size somewhat, but most are about the average for hotel rooms in Manhattan. Also, like most hotels in New York, our rates vary on a day-to-day basis, but we always maintain completive rates and always include free amenities that you won’t find in all hotels in the city, like free WIFI, breakfast, and domestic phone calls.

We hope you will reconsider and stay with us on your next trip to New York.

Liz from Apple Core Hotels