Avalon Hotel
SIXTY SoHo(New York City)
USD 347
USD 294
SixtyHotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 187
USD 164
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 251
USD 239
  • Room Service
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 206
USD 197
USD 199
USD 309
USD 268
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 301
USD 279
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
USD 261
USD 255
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 284/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 210
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 163
USD 110
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 176/night.

1,796 results
All reviewsjunior suitethe empire state buildingnew yorkkorea townpenn stationsofa bedsitting areaaround the cornerbig bathroomfree coffeesmoking roomcontinental breakfastmini bartimes squarecentral locationspacious roomexcellent location
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed at Avalon for four nights for our trip to NYC for our 10th wedding anniversary, we had booked a suite and were pleasantly surprised by the size compared to several other hotels we had researched and previously stayed. the staff were fabulous and could not do enough to help with all queries and questions and even provided us with some gorgeous complimentary cookies and chocolates. The hotel is in a great location and only 15 mins from Times Square where hop on/off buses can be located which are a must and again provide excellent value.

We ate at the Chinese/Japanese restaurant next to the hotel (buffet for 31 bucks) this was outstanding value and the food, the sushi in particular was very impressive.

there are also several good pubs and bars located close to the hotel including Legends Irish bar which is a fab place to chill and enjoy a chilli burger, they also open early morning for the live English premiership games which was a great bonus.

Overall the hotel was fantastic and I have already told friends who are going over in the next few months to seriously consider this hotel based on location, price, room size and service.....you will find hotel avalon difficult to beat.

Thanks again for making our stay in New York so special!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob B
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Rob B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you decided to stay at the Avalon for your 10th anniversary and even happier to hear your comments.

We appreciate your suggestions and recommendations as they will be read by many. If your future plans include a return trip to New York, I hope you will contact my office so I can oversee your accommodations personally.

We wishi you all the best in the New Year for continued good health and happiness, and to many, many more anniversary celebrations.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Nice place at 32nd And 5th. we had a suite in the top floor which was quite spacious for NY standards. While we had a couple of issues with the heating And Internet these were solved promptly. This is the second time we stay at the Avalon NY and while not a 5 star hotel it is pretty decent if you get a nice room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Alvarorrr,

Happy New Year and thank you for staying with us again. We appreciate your taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about the Avalon Hotel New York. We have recently upgraded our internet service, so there should not have been any problem. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact my office directly in the future as I would like to oversee your accommodations personally.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

i had done a lot of research and chose this hotel and i have to say they were very good at getting back to me with my queries.
on arrival we were given a room on the 12th floor and it was very good for us the staff are great the location is very good and not too noisy at night
it was easy to walk to some attractions including time square new years eve(great but never again) madison square gardens where the tube is and loads more the bonus is so close to esb get up and beat the ques 20 mins last monday not bad at 9 am
i couldnt fault the hotel (except maybe a kettle and cups ) and would recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank steveinyorkshire
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear steveinyorkshire,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor of the Avalon Hotel New York. I appreciate your comments and the extensive references to our central location. I wish I had known you needed a kettle as we have them available upon request. Your feedback will assist us in improving our services.

I was happy to read that the staff earned your commendations and will be sure to share them with my associates.

Should your future plans include a return trip to New York, I hope you will contact my office to personally oversee your accommodations. We would like to offer you a preferred rate or upgrade if you book with us directly.

Again, thank you and sending warm wishes for a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Recently stayed here for the Xmas period. The Hotel was fine for us as a couple. We were a stones throw from the Empire State Building. A block from Macy's. A bock either side for the underground. The hotel is of a classic period and not all rooms will face the street as ours did not. It is not cheap however in comparison to other hotels it is on par. We have no negative comments to make. Our room was neat and clean. Beds comfortable. We stayed 5 nights and spent full days everyday away from the Hotel and again the central location for us was perfect.

Room Tip: A street view room may make a difference rather than a room that looks into an alley.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear rrstaffie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. We appreciate your comments, especially your notes about our central location.

Should your future plans include a return trip to Manhattan, I hope you will consider the Avalon. If you contact my office directly, we will be sure to get you one of the large Executive Suites on the front of the hotel.

On behalf of my associates, I send warm wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here with 2 kids for 5 days this Christmas. Overall a very positive experience. We stayed in the deluxe suite which has 2 queen beds + a separate area (open to the room) with an additionnal pull-out couch (great if you're more than 4 or like more room) and a 2nd flat screen tv. The suite had a mini-bar and a second mini-fridge (ask for it in advance) to keep additionnal beverages or food which is especially handy for kids. This hotel is ideally situated in midtown, about 10 minutes walk to Times Squares, 5 minutes walk to Macys and a 10 min cab ride to Central Park or to the other end of the island (Wall Street, Chinatown, Battery Park ect...)an. The bathroom was large and clean with a separate tub and shower and with marble all over. Breakfast is available but it's a continental breakfast so do not expect bacon and eggs ! There are a few delis, a nice sushi restaurant, lots of korean restaurants and a nice kid-friendly tavern nearby for lunch and dinner. Wi-fi was included and efficient during the entire length of our stay. The hotel is located between 5th and Madison Avenue and the street is relatively quiet and safe. Tip: if you have kids and a mini-bar, you should have it locked because they charge as soon as something is moved. Also, if you're looking for additionnal amenities such as a restaurant or a gym, this is not the place for you. No coffee maker in the room but a Starbucks is 1 block away. ! Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CanadaLiz
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Dear CanadaLiz,

Thank you for posting a review about the Avalon Hotel New York on TripAdvisor. We were happy to have you with us and value your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the location and appreciate the many comments and suggestions you listed.

Should your future plans include a return trip to New York City, I hope you won't hesitate to contact me directly so I can oversee your accommodations.

On behalf of my associates at the Avalon, I wish you and your family a healthy, happy new year.