2,008 results
All reviews wj hotel great location times square new york central park petite room hell's kitchen rooms are small the theater district quiet street single room within walking distance front desk staff around the corner hotel room few blocks subway station
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I stayed here for 12 days after getting an amazing rate via a third party website. If you want to be near the theatre district, Times Square and also Hells Kitchen - this is a perfect location.
I have paid a lot more for stays in other NY hotels with smaller bedrooms, so I found my bedroom on the fourth floor quite spacious for me. My room was at the back of the hotel on the 4th floor, so there was no street noise, but there was the constant hum of large, what I presume were air conditioners on the ground level. This might annoy some people, but if the weather is hot enough for them to be on, you'll also be using your air conditioner in your room too, so this wasn't a negative for me.
A major positive was that I arrived at 11am in the morning, and expected to leave my bags in and wait until check-in time, BUT I was immediately given my room.
The rooms are clean - not immaculately so, but definitely clean. My bed's mattress was on a large piece of wood, which would shift across when sitting/lying on it. But these are all minor issues that I am sure for some travellers would annoy them, but not for me.
Another positive note was that (at the time of my booking) there was no extra service charge that I needed to pay at the hotel.
The lift is small but I used it three times during my stay, instead opting for the stairs.
Wifi is free for a slower service, and you can pay for a faster service. If you were using wifi for work, you would probably need to pay for it, but I didn't need to as I was just using my phone to check in every so often on email.
This isn't a flashy hotel but I found it excellent value for money and for my needs, and would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank rolan_ire
JennyS5560, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Ire,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. There is no one better to judge our performance than you, our guest. We have made great efforts to create an environment of comfort and sophistication for our guests.

On behalf of the hotel’s management team we thank you for patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Washington Jefferson Hotel.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The and staff service were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is boutique style, with one elevator, most times we opted for the stairs as the elevator was a little slow. The room its self was small but VERY efficient. For New York the value was good. Simply perfect for seeing a show with a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JennyS5560, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Good Day,

Thank you for your comments; we strive for each and every one of our guests to have an excellent stay. We are very pleased that you concurred with our efforts and that you were satisfied. You are always invited to stay at the WJ Hotel whenever you are in New York.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Our room was upgraded. The standard rooms are quiet small. Very pleasant service. Luggage was stored prior to check. Great location. Typical hotel room for New York at conservative price
Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lattle,

Thank you for choosing the Washington Jefferson Hotel. I appreciate the amazing review. Thank you for mentioning the location and the Hotel staff. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel so our hopes were high. We were disappointed with the room as it was so small but Dorrine on reception soon sorted us out and found us a great room. Thank you Dorrine. The hotel is in a great location half way between Broadway and Central Park. It’s an old hotel so you need to take that into consideration.
Do take advantage of the free walking tour I found it very interesting.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and the staff were all friendly especially Ariel who was always in the lobby with a smile.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
JennyS5560, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Heather ,

We appreciate and thank you for your wonderful comments. As always, our goal is to provide each of our guests with accommodations and services that exceed their expectations .Thank you for mentioning the location and the Hotel staff Dobrine and Ariel are amazing I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We found this hotel for a great price online. The reviews seemed good. We flew into Newark and it was easy enough to take the train to Penn Station then the subway. The subway stop is close to the hotel. The staff was quite friendly, welcoming and helpful. The lobby is clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which including a small seating area. The room definitely needed updating. The carpet was a little dingy with a few stains. Half of the mattress was saggy. The upholstered chairs looked a little worn and dirty. The table in between them was rickety. However, the bathroom was spacious and clean. Towels were nice quality. Overall, a mixed review but the staff made the stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wundrwomynn
JennyS5560, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Wundrwomynn,

We apologize about any challenges you faced during your stay with us. Please rest assured that your feedback was shared with the concerned departments as we are actively working to make sure we provide stellar customer service . Please feel free to contact us directly on your next NYC stay as we would like the opportunity to provide you the full WJ Hotel experience

Sincerely yours,