6,323 results
All reviews central park great location times square new york free wifi door staff around the corner few blocks great shower special thanks would definitely stay here again street noise two double beds small room corner room the theater district big apple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an awesome stay at your hotel, and Julian helped us very nicely, including advice on cool stuff to do. The rooms and beds were very nice and we'd love to come back! The only issue we had was that the room cards got wiped a couple of times, but they were easily replaced. Thanks for the awesome place to stay!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
GarretC39, General Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello tomverhoeve; many thanks for 5 star review. Great to hear you had an awesome stay. Please do come back in the future. Will share your comments with Julian. Kind Regards, Garret

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived before check in and was greeted un-enthusiastically by the guest services agent at the time and then was pointed in a general direction which I assume to be towards the bellman who then left the bags on the trolley in the middle of the lobby and went to do other things... I am not normally paranoid with things like this but there were large groups etc and anyone could really just take my backpack or luggage.

Jeff the bellman however was superb, he was such a help with directions and suggestions and even ordering us a ride to the airport etc. he definitely turned around the experience. Unfortunately, Jeff was not there when we were leaving and the bellman at the time insisted on receiving a tip for opening the door for me and was quite rude when I apologised for not having any cash on hand. It made me very uncomfortable and of course I gave Jeff a tip because he was a true help but to be patronized for not having anything to hand over when your colleague organised the ride etc. didn't exactly warrant the behaviour.

The hotel also charges for receiving packages which was new to me and so in spite of Jeff's great attitude and phenomenal service I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better if you are a light sleeper as it was noisy on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear CMcL22; thank you very much for staying with us. Sorry to hear your arrival experience was not as smooth as we aim to offer. I will pass on your kind words to Jeff. He is a true service professional. We do hope you will visit us again sometime. Regards, Garret

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time staying at Ameritania, and my stay could NOT have been better! Maura and Tiffany were both wonderful upon check-in, and recommended the best place to go for pizza in the area. (Shout out to Luigi's!) The rooms themselves were unbelievably comfy, and the beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. To top it off, Said went above and beyond in helping us with our bags and hailing a cab for us.

I'm just very impressed with the service here.

Room Tip: Rooms with two double-beds are spacious and great for two people, but probably not more people than that.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Linda B; many thanks for the great 5 star review. We are so pleased you are having a great time and that you are enjoying your room. We hope to be your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ameritania. Regards, Garret

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good Location, but small rooms with things that did not work: air conditioning, w.c., etc.Some People in the staff were friendly but others not.The Price off the rooms is good, but we will not go back.The Overall experience is not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Javierr881: Thank you for your review. I am sorry there were items not working in your room. I do hope you brought to our attention and that we fixed them for you. We strive to give great service. I'm sorry if some staff members fell short. I can be reached at gcorcoran@ameritanianyc.com, and would welcome any additional feedback. We hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a fantastic stay on NYC. The Ameritania is ideally situated for sightseeing. The staff are friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room as our stay was my sons 18th birthday present and there was a little birthday cake in our room on arrival. Rooms are very comfortable and stylish and are cleaned every day. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family