I've stayed at quite a few "Gold Crown" timeshare resorts over the past 10 years in travels with my family, but I wouldn't consider Manhattan Club a Gold Crown resort at all.
My husband and I signed up for the $250/night promotion and attended the timeshare presentation and received a $150 voucher to Alfredo's restaurant (not THAT great imo). The rooms they showed us during the presentation were DEFINITELY gold crown standard, however the ones that we were staying in were nothing even CLOSE to that quality!
During our stay, one of two elevators were closed thus making it a really long wait to go up and down, especially when you have valets with their large baggage carts taking up 3/4 of the elevator. Instead, we used the service elevator which you had to go down this stuffy hallway and wait just as long (in the meanwhile, breaking out in sweat just waiting for the elevator). The floors of the hallways were covered in cardboard because of the elevator construction.
The room itself...we booked about 4 months prior to the trip (they took our money right away at the time of booking) and upon arrival, they did not have an available room for us. They ended up putting us in a smoking room (when my husband is asthmatic) but moved us the next day to a "suite". I must say, the suite was in much better condition than the first smoking room. In the smoking room, the wallpaper was bubbling, everything stenched of smoke, carpets were extremely dirty. As well, the shower in our suite was backing up so we had to get maintenance to clean the drain.
The view from our room was of 3 brick walls. There were rooms on the right side of our room and the walls in front and to the left of our room were just plain brick walls. We were assured a room with a "view" by the manager because of their smoking room blunder but our view sure made us feel like we were living in a brick box!
Front desk service was so so. Concierge was helpful. You can buy Broadway tickets from them (cash only).
The best thing about Manhattan Club was its location. It's central to all the popular tourist sights and close to the subway stations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can enjoy true quality at affordable rates in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Luxury suites with European style kitchenettes, concierge services and valet parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Manhattan Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Suites
- Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Nyc
- Manhatten Club