“Bed Bugs”
Review of The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club
Ranked #187 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have been an owner at the Manhattan Club in NYC for three years. I have stayed numerous times with no problems. My last visit on March 16, 2012 resulted in waking up with bed bug bites. The hotel staff called in an exterminator who said he saw no evidence of the bugs in the room. However, no one could explain how we got the ugly bites which were on our bodies! I don't feel the management handled this situation properly. There were no guarantees given that the room would be treated or any compensation given to us for the inconvenience. I hope we didn't bring any of the bugs home with us. I have a real problem going back to the hotel for my time share because I am not confident that The Manhattan Club has followed through with extermination treatment. (Stay out of room 226!)

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Lucille B
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

We appreciate that you alerted our hotel management staff of your concerns at the time of your stay so that we could respond immediately. Please be assured that the hotel has very strict standards and protocols in place including pest control. In the unusual event we are made aware of an issue, we respond immediately and take all appropriate steps to ensure each room is ready for the next guest. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for The Manhattan Club

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had planned this trip to Manhattan back in Oct. 2011. Having been to NY 2 times before we felt we had a feel for the area and where we wanted to stay. I reviewed The Manhattan Club here on TA and had some concerns but felt it was worth a try. I have a time share in Las Vegas with HGV and used some points with RCI to stay at TMC for 7 nights 2/24-3/02. It was a very good trade. We arrived on a wet and rainy Friday evening. From the moment we steped out of the taxi to the second we left we had no regrets other then we had to return to our home in California All of the staff at TMC made us feel welcome and were very helpful.

I would like to give a tumbs up to Jerry at the front desk who greeted us when we checked in and was very helpful and answered all of my questions. Great going Jerry :-)
I also would like to thank all of the staff from the Door Man who help us arrange a return ride to JFK that was better then a taxi, the house staff who made sure our room was cleaned and in order every day and did some extra things we did not expect, the fast security man who fixed a faulty room safe in a timely manner, and the Bell Hops who made sure our luggage was brought up to our room and put away, to holding it in storage before we left so we could spend our last few hours taking in the scenes of New York.
Now for the facts.
1. Check in was fast and without issues. Same with check out.

2. We never had a issue with the elevators. I can see were they do become busy at check out

3. We did have a slight sewer smell in the hallway but it was not something I would not expect in a older building. Never in the room!!!!!

4. We had a One Bedroom Suite on the 22nd floor (2219) that gave us a small view up 7th Ave. and Central Park.

5. The room had a private bedroom with a king bed and a tub/shower bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room had plenty of space. The closet has a ironing board and iron. The bathroom has a hair dryer and a adjustable vanity mirror. The window can be opened to let in some freah air. Also a flat screen tv. The bathroom was large and layout worked for me.

6. We had a small living room with a hideabed that my college age daughter found to be a pain. Putting some extra blankets that where in the room made it worth while. I would not expect a older and heavy adult to find sleeping on this bed a good thing but what do you want for a hideabed. I have one at home that I would not sleep on. This room also also has a flat screen tv and a view out the window.

7. The kitchenette has a dishwasher, frig, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, all of the dishes you would need. THC provides diswasher soap, coffee, tea, popcorn, suger and creamer that was replaced as it was used.

8. A small dinining table is near the front door.

9.A smaller bathroom also comes with this room, It has a shower and also comes with a hair dryer and a adjustable vanity mirror. The toiletries are Bath and Body Works and are replaced as they are used.

10. TMC does charge $30.00 a night fee. Not sure what you get for the money?

We did not use the gym being we walked our feet off or eat upstairs. The business center came in handy for printing our boarding passes.
We did get the phone calls to do a timeshare preview but I just did not answer the phone.

The location of TMC was everything you would want. Everything was in walking distance. Subway stations are just around the corner or if needed a taxi is just ouside the door. Plenty of places to eat and you have a Whole Foods on Columbus Circle that great for stocking your kitchenette. They also have some great ready made meals that can help keep cost down.

As for the size of the rooms I would say it was large by NY standards.

When we return to New York this will be Hotel we will be staying at. Great job TMC.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side have views of roof tops and office buildings. The north side is better being you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CityDave
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Manhattan club February 2012. The "door staff" was very helpful from parking our car, unloading our luggage and storing it until our room was ready. The front desk staff was average, not overly friendly like the "door staff" was. We were able to get into our room at 4:30p.m, 1/2 late. Our room was a "soft" suite, with 2 bathrooms. facing Carnegie Hall. The room was "nice". Not wonderful, not fabulous, not outstanding, just nice. We rented this from a friend of ours who was an owner. The place is in need of an update. We were NOT happy with the lack of services, no room service, limited bar time, limited breakfast. The breakfast was nothing to be desired, overpriced and poorly displayed. We went to the adjoining hotel for a wonderfully displayed, very good, served breakfast with a view, for a few dollars more. The housekeeping department did a wonderful job and was very friendly. The next stay in NYC will be at a full service hotel for the same price, better view and updated facilities.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda L
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

It’s disappointing when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we have set. While we never like to read that one of our guests was not fully satisfied, we are always grateful for the feedback. Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a beautiful hotel which is located centrally at Times Square. Across from Carnegie Hall.
Walking distance from times square. Excellent .

Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank kanasri

Being called a perfect hotel is a wonderful compliment; thank you. We’re thrilled that the location of The Manhattan Club with its close proximity to Times Square and Carnegie Hall worked so well for you. We would love to welcome you back again the next time you visit New York City.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the MC last weekend. We enjoyed our stay and found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 2 blocks from Central Park, a five minute walk to Rockefeller Plaza, and 10 minutes to Times Square. We stayed in a "Metropolitan Suite" which I would call a room and not a "suite". To me a suite is at least 2 distinct rooms linked together. I would describe the room as a little smaller than most average NYC hotel rooms that I have stayed in over the years. Definitely not a "suite"...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
TheManhattanClub, General Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

We love that you enjoyed our midtown Manhattan location so much during your recent stay. The Manhattan Club is within walking distance of many NYC attractions including those that you mentioned. For future reference as well as for the benefit of others, our website does include photographs of the various rooms and suites offered so you can choose the overnight accommodations that suits your needs the best. We hope that you will return again soon to The Manhattan Club as we would love to welcome you back.