We stayed there 14 nights from September 10 to September 24 2011.
This was our fourth visit to New York City, and we chose this accommodation for its great location; we were 4 adults in an executive studio unit.
The Manhattan Club is a great place to stay as it is right in the middle of it all: 2 blocks from Central Park, a 10-minute walk to Times Square, it’s right in the center of the Theater district and several subway lines minutes away (N, Q, R right around the corner and 1, 2, 3 at Colombus Circle, a couple blocks away).
The check-in went very smoothly and we got the unit we had specifically requested a week prior to our arrival. We were on the 20th floor, which was great.
Our unit was just as expected: very spacious. We had no view whatsoever (a huge brick wall), but the good thing about it is that it was extremely quiet. We were never woken up by those city sounds and we really appreciated that. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and so was the sofa bed. We tried both because we were 4 adults and thought it was only fair to switch every now and then. The kitchenette is practical for drinks and snacks but there is no cooktop or regular oven. I guess you can heat up some soup in the micro-wave but we didn’t. Housekeeping gives you popcorn and ground coffee every day, so you won’t need to buy coffee. If you are a Starbucks addict, there’s one just around the corner. The décor was fine, nothing really special. The bathroom was “new york small” and lacked storage space. We had to have all our beauty products on the floor and the hallway console became our make- up/hair drying area. Housekeeping did a great job; unlike other timeshare properties, they refresh your unit every day.
The hotel is well kept: after a day in the filthy new york subway, it’s very pleasant to come “home” to a very clean and neat hotel. Apparently there’s a gym but we never used it. On the 26th floor, there’s a guest lounge with very comfy sofas and chairs. From 2 to 4pm (or maybe 12 to 4) they provide complimentary Starbucks coffee and cookies. I had read many complaints about the elevators. Most of the time we didn’t have to wait that long. The only time we did was check-out mornings because if the elevator has reached a certain weight before getting to your floor, it won’t stop at your floor. So we decided to call the elevator going up, we’d go up to the 26th and back down to the lobby and it was way quicker this way. Keep that in mind on Friday and Saturday mornings!
We liked the Manhattan Club very much for its location and its cleanliness, so we will definitely stay there again when we go back to NY.
Some extra practical info:
- Groceries: there’s a Morton Williams a block away (225 West 57th Street). It’s small but has everything you need: we stocked up on watered bottles, juice, milk, fruit and veggies for salads.
- Wi-fi: it’s free at the Manhattan Club, so bring your laptop it’s great to help plan your day.
- Laundry: if you stay a while (we stayed 2 weeks) you may need to do some laundry at some point. We went to a Laundromat on W. 50th between 9th and 10th avenue. It’s very clean and the lady running the place is very helpful. It’s $4.50 for a large washer and $0.25 per 7 minutes of drying. You have plenty of eateries in the area to have dinner while your laundry is being done.
- Concierge: the person at the concierge desk is very helpful. If you need a map of Central Park you can get one there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can enjoy true quality at affordable rates in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Luxury suites with European style kitchenettes, concierge services and valet parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Manhattan Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Suites
- Manhattan Club Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Club Nyc
- Manhatten Club