“Steak Quesadilla ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I don't believe the way I learned about the steak quesadilla is actually on the menu, but ask for it. It's excellent. It is claimed to be one of the top food things in NYC and it's pretty close.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My friend and I ordered the 3 cheese quesadilla, mine with chicken and avocado, hers only with avocado. They arrived and hers was chicken with no avocado, so we sent it back. When it came again we looked and saw that neither had any cheese, though we had ordered the "3 cheese". We called the waiter over and since at this point we just wanted to eat he said the manager would adjust the bill. When the bill came they gave us a 12% discount for food that was missing most of the components. We paid the bill but I suggest avoiding this restaurant, it is a rip-off.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I love this place! It is right around the corner from my house, and one of the bartenders there was just a "bartender" I met a few years ago when I plopped down for a margarita after a long day at work....cut to 4 or 5 years later, and we are friends and hang out outside of the restaurant, and I try and go see him once a week if I can. Definitely ask for Mikey/if Mikey is there. He basically "makes" the bar experience of it. I love love love him and Ruby, a server there. Most of the staff has been there for years, and they know the menu inside-out, and they know how to treat you. TIP: This isn't a romantic date place. It is busy. Every night. Go with friends, go solo and be soothed by Mikey's wicked strong bullgogs (ask for a little OJ in it....trust me), or go with a date that you're super cool with/someone who loves a vibrant scene. If Benny's ever closed, the staff is so good and had become so close to family and friends to me - I would protest. Cheap, good, authentic Mexican food. Not a frilly, frou-frou spot. If you want that, there's a place down the street on 7th Avenue and West 4th where you can spend 3 times the bill and have your food come out with micro-greens and the drinks are about double the price and half as good....but for a first date or for someone who doesn't like being social/in a vibrant and bustling spot...it is a better option solely for the sound and intimacy level. Go see Mikey and Ruby! Have a blast, get a little lit, and walk out with a wallet that's still full. 5 Stars for always delivering a great experience, no matter how busy/what day/what time. It's always a win.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

So, we lived in the south & in the west for many years & nothing beats the Mexican food you get in places like TX, LA, etc. BUT, for NYC, this is a good spot! The food was solid & the drinks were great (strong). Just an FYI - We went during the day & it was a little wild - they told us it gets much 'crazier' at night!

1  Thank li_walk
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I went with a vegan friend, and they had great options for vegans and carnivores alike. The food was tasty and the staff was friendly. I'll definitely go back!

1  Thank memypassportandi