“Ridiculous”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

....its ridiculous that you need not fly to Ho Chi Minh City to get Bahn Mi this good. I had the Saigon, my wife the bbq pork....we barely each ate half. Took the rest to my host and we had the rest for next day lunch--all for less than $12.00. Packed at 2pm but it moves fast and the regulars obviously knew what they wanted. Friendly, clean and a real value.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Went (twice!) for a quick lunch stop in while in New York. The Pork Banh Mi was delicious, huge and a bargain by NYC standards. As good as anything I've had in Vietnam.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Top notch bahn mi in Chinatown/LES. Loved the bahn mi Saigon (with grilled pork). Also enjoyed the cold shrimp roll. Prices are incredibly good. Service super fast. And great vibe, with many locals. A must

Reviewed 31 August 2017

If there is a better deal for lunch in NY these days then I don't know about it. Where else can you get a freshly made sandwich on freshly baked bread, with fresh ingredients, made right before your eyes? I recommend the BBQ pork or classic Saigon banh mi, as well as the shrimp or vegetarian summer rolls. The 3 summer rolls are filling and healthy! Service is fast, and they keep the shop sparkling clean, no matter how busy. And they hustle to serve you. You have to love that. At around $6.00 or less per item, this is a great deal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I was not expecting much, but the bbq pork banh mi was amazing. The banh mi was huge (I had to save the other half for dinner), the mayo was tasty and there was a decent amount of pork. The pickled veggies were tasty, not overpowering. I just wished there was more cilantro...

As a snack I bought one fried shrimp, it tasted fresh and was very crispy. Overall the tastiest sandwich I had in nyc. I will be back for more.