“Amazing Bahn Mi”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Top notch bahn mi in Chinatown/LES. Loved the bahn mi Saigon (with grilled pork). Also enjoyed the cold shrimp roll. Prices are incredibly good. Service super fast. And great vibe, with many locals. A must

Reviewed 31 August 2017

If there is a better deal for lunch in NY these days then I don't know about it. Where else can you get a freshly made sandwich on freshly baked bread, with fresh ingredients, made right before your eyes? I recommend the BBQ pork or classic Saigon banh mi, as well as the shrimp or vegetarian summer rolls. The 3 summer rolls are filling and healthy! Service is fast, and they keep the shop sparkling clean, no matter how busy. And they hustle to serve you. You have to love that. At around $6.00 or less per item, this is a great deal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I was not expecting much, but the bbq pork banh mi was amazing. The banh mi was huge (I had to save the other half for dinner), the mayo was tasty and there was a decent amount of pork. The pickled veggies were tasty, not overpowering. I just wished there was more cilantro...

As a snack I bought one fried shrimp, it tasted fresh and was very crispy. Overall the tastiest sandwich I had in nyc. I will be back for more.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I had intended to visit the Bahn Mi Saigon Bakery on previous visits to New York but had never made it.

This time, I finally got to try what has been described as New York’s Best Asian Sandwich. Located at 198 Grand Street in Chinatown, this small eatery has established a strong reputation for excellent Vietnamese sandwiches.

I opted for the ‘Bahn Mi Ga Nuong’ – a grilled spicy chicken sandwich. The chicken is stuffed into a crispy baguette along with crunchy vegetables and some cilantro. It was delicious and I can see why the sandwiches gets rave reviews.

If you are looking for an inexpensive and tasty lunch - get a Banh Mi sandwich.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I visited here after a mention in the Rough Guide book of New York. I had a shredded pork bun and I wasn't disappointed, it was packed full of fresh vegetables and herbs and delicious marinated meat. In fact it was so good I queued up again an order a chicken. one to take with me or my nest meal on the move. This is an ideal place to buy food to pack while out sightseeing.