“yum”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I was not expecting much, but the bbq pork banh mi was amazing. The banh mi was huge (I had to save the other half for dinner), the mayo was tasty and there was a decent amount of pork. The pickled veggies were tasty, not overpowering. I just wished there was more cilantro...

As a snack I bought one fried shrimp, it tasted fresh and was very crispy. Overall the tastiest sandwich I had in nyc. I will be back for more.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I had intended to visit the Bahn Mi Saigon Bakery on previous visits to New York but had never made it.

This time, I finally got to try what has been described as New York’s Best Asian Sandwich. Located at 198 Grand Street in Chinatown, this small eatery has established a strong reputation for excellent Vietnamese sandwiches.

I opted for the ‘Bahn Mi Ga Nuong’ – a grilled spicy chicken sandwich. The chicken is stuffed into a crispy baguette along with crunchy vegetables and some cilantro. It was delicious and I can see why the sandwiches gets rave reviews.

If you are looking for an inexpensive and tasty lunch - get a Banh Mi sandwich.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I visited here after a mention in the Rough Guide book of New York. I had a shredded pork bun and I wasn't disappointed, it was packed full of fresh vegetables and herbs and delicious marinated meat. In fact it was so good I queued up again an order a chicken. one to take with me or my nest meal on the move. This is an ideal place to buy food to pack while out sightseeing.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Again I got the Curry Chicken. I had the choice to have it spicy or not. The spicy is not too strong. Not at all. The sandwich is huge for $5.75. Good to get there early because seating is limited.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Fresh banh mi sandwiches made to order whole you wait
Line can get long but worth it
Corky being in the back of a jewelry store