After the great service I experienced in Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas, I was expecting nothing more, but the basic services and amenities of a 5 stars hotel only. But what I got was worst than a 4 stars level. At most I'll rate the Westin at Grand Central 3 stars only!!! Pretender of 5 stars that came with a 5 star price tag, but a 3 stars hotel.
Rude, unhappy, unhelpful staffs, zero security, small rooms, lousy bathroom, worst toiletries I had seen in a 5 stars hotel, rough bedsheet and only 1 restaurant!!!
I stayed for 6 nights because the rate was prepaid hence couldn't cancelled. Even prepaid rate it still costs almost $580/night for a double bed room with partial city view.
Avoid this hotel if you have a choice. Only good thing is the location. Walking distance to Fifth Avenue and Times Square, but still a 30mins walk minimum.
Terrible experienced, my 1st and last time staying in Westin hotel across the world. There are many more 5 stars hotels to choose from beside Westin!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New York Grand Central hotel is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Our hotel is ideal for both leisure and business travelers as it is ideally located near Grand Central Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Helmsley Hotel New York City
- The Hotel New York City
- New York Helmsley Hotel
- Hemsley New York
- Helmsley Hotel New York
- The New York City Helmsley
- Helmsley New York