4,259 results
All reviews chrysler building great location new york heavenly bed times square spg member corner room mini bar good size bryant park late check high floor two blocks street noise housekeeping staff two double beds by nyc standards
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed at the hotel on New Year’s Eve 2013. Westin Grand Central is great hotel, with spacious rooms and a nice trendy restaurant on the street level. The location is great, walking distance from Grand Central, pretty much in the middle of the city - you're close to everything. The corner room that I originally booked was not available (or it may have been available but on lower floors without a city view, which would defeat the purpose). I had a conversation with a front desk manager Wilberto Olivera, who completely understood my concerns in half-a-second and sweetened the deal, turning my entire stay into one positive experience. I should add, other folks at the front desk who checked me in/out were also courteous and very pleasant to deal with. A++ guys!!! Thank you for helping me to start 2013 on a positive note.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed here pre refurb and was happy. Post refurb the rooms themselves are a fantastic improvement with the exceptions of the bathrooms where they are still in a time warp and really needed changing
Staff are as goos as ever and the location is great so still a really great place to stay if the rate is competitive.
Room serivce is a rip off so go next door for breakfast and Starbucks is round the corner for coffee...still no idea why hotels do that.....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Everything about this place was great! The staff was the delightful, the views were amazing, overall experience was awesome! Not going to go into much more detail except to say stay here and you won't regret it !!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Joe B, Manager at The Westin New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind and gracious words from your recent experience at Westin New York Grand Central. I have shared your message with the entire Westin team as a great reminder of what we do best! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Cheers,

Joe Britt
Service Express Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I had the misfortune to endure poor service at every turn at this place.

- WiFi was unusably slow (and charged for!)
- Room I was relocated to wasn't heated
- Room service took more than an hour each time
- Filthy iron ruined my shirt
- Housekeeping then lost my shirt
- Long queues to check in & out
- Poor showers (luke warm, poor flow rate)

2 'manager's I spoke with didn't give a <...> about any of it.

Letter to the manager resulted in the 'offer' of a free night....a shallow offer given nobody stays in NYC for just one night, and the marginal cost of an incremental night to the hotel is zero.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank other1
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A few months back I was looking for a fair priced hotel in NYC that wasn't a dump. The nice spg lady mentioned the newly renovated Westin Grand Central as an option. She promised it was a yet to be discovered gem and the price was right so I nabbed it.

High points:
-clean
-great (not perfect location) we managed to walk everywhere, but it was a long haul
-price
-we stayed up on the 25th floor and enjoyed peace and quiet

Needs improvement:
-the breakfast was a bit of a cluster &%$* . the staff wasn't super clear on who was entitled to what freebies (the menu on our little invitation card didn't match the menu at the resturaunt) adding to the problem was the huge line each morning. Our breakfast was free, we opted to pay around the corner - the Westin free breakfast isn't worth it
-we had an upgraded room (clean) but was still cramped and the blinds didn't work

Room Tip: make sure you aim for a room on a higher level
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family