4,375 results
All reviews chrysler building great location new york heavenly bed times square corner room mini bar good size bryant park late check high floor two blocks street noise housekeeping staff two double beds empire state by nyc standards
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel is undergoing some renovation but we did not notice any of it during our 3 night stay. The staff we found to be friendly and helpful, we weren't rushed or hurried along. The room was very clean and smart, very comfortable huge bed and there was also a sofa, armchair, desk and chair. Bathroom was clean and not cramped. The location of this hotel is perfect for midtown as it is right near chrysler building and grand central. Easy to walk to most attractions or nearby to a subway if you want to travel on metro. Or you can ask the guys outside to get you a taxi very easily. The reason this did not get 5/5 was because as another reviewer wrote, the fridge is only big enough for the mini bar and you cannot keep anything in there because in moving the content of the mini bar you are charged so don't do this unless you want to purchase - its all automatic. Also I don't think for us the bar area generally was open as when we rang to order a vodka drink they advised ll they could do was wine or beer. Aside from these niggles the hotel is very good and we would recommend.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T5345YWalicel
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had several problems at this hotel. First, they (double) charged my credit card although I paid through Expedia, and without my authorization. Second, they stated that I would get Starwood points, but I did not (you don't get points when booking through Expedia). Third, they were quite unhelpful with mini bar. They refused to add diet cokes (there was only one) and if I got them at CVS and added my own drinks, I would have to remove the existing drinks, so I would end up paying for sodas I did not drink. To clean up the mini bar would cost $25 per day.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GI22
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The interior of this hotel is noticeably nicer than it's old badge. The Queen of Mean's place is no more. The rooms are well appointed and beds are comfortable. The lounge looked nice, but, we didn't spend any time within the actual hotel. If you can score this property at the right price, I would say, do it! The bathrooms are also very nice and of a high quality. I would definitely recommend this property if you are seeking a room in the Midtown East area.

Room Tip: Higher floor, the better.... as with any hotel in NYC.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Came here on honeymoon in October. Great location just a minute walk from subway station. Got a room on 31st floor overlooking the Empire State, excellent view. Had food once and it was great. Rooms were spacious and very clean and serviced daily. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank John_D051012
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Our week's stay was tremendous. We were given an upgraded room as it was our anniversary.The lobby/entrance area was being renovated due to the name change from Helmsley to Westin although we weren't informed of the change and thought the cab had brought us to the wrong hotel. As such, there was no restaurant or lounge but there was a breakfast area. The room was large (for NYC) and well-appointed with a great view. The shower was quite stylish. Elevators were fast. Staff were courteous and friendly and everything we wanted was done promptly. We have been to NYC many times but this stay was the best.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple