The online pictures of this hotel are decieving, not what the rooms really look like, older and in need of some updates. My friends and I stayed at the Belvedere on July 4-July 8, 2012. The rooms only had window air conditioners which were installed in the windows with the bare wood showing, tacky for a hotel, yes I did say window air conditioner that would only cool to 64 degrees, not cool when you are in NY on days when the temps are over 100 degrees and the sun shining fully into your room, the room was barely cooling which means that bathroom wasn't cooling at all, no ventilation either, so you were already soaked in sweat before you could dry off from the shower, also, bathrooms are very small no room to hang your clothes and no place to sit you toiletries. There were 4 ladies sharing a room, the first morning we were there we were preparing for our day, two of us were trying to dry our hair one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom, the power goes off, we called the front desk they sent maintenance to check it out, the maintenance man said that the building was only wired to use the hotel hair dryer which was provided and you could only use it in the bathroom outlet (never had this issue before), after a few times of this nonsense they moved us to another room a bit larger but still could only dry hair in bathroom with their dryer and the window airconditioner still didn't cool the room. The only cool part of this building was the lobby, it was also the prettiest part of the building. The hotel manager did give us a complimentary breakfast in the restuarant which was buffet style, the breakfast was so so, it normally runs $14-$15 per person, glad I didn't pay for it. Hotel was very convenient to the sights and walking distance to lots, all in all it was okay, but it could have been cooler and updated. I wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc