2,037 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down servicerooms are large
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We stayed for two nights. The hotel is fine all things considered but but it doesn't live up to the price they charge. Distance staff, stains on the furniture, leaking faucet. Expect better at this price.

3  Thank manunyc212
PedroDias-GM, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear manunyc212,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit. Rest assured that in my follow up with our leadership team, we have discussed your feedback and will look at how we could ensure a more flawless experience going forward. This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on and we hope that you are able to forgive us for our shortcomings.

Should you consider returning, please reach out to me directly so that I can oversee your reservation. You may contact me at GMpedrodias@thesurrey.com. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim; we remain at your service.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We were kept awake from 2am on because of our neighbors who were screaming/arguing, slamming doors. You don’t expect this type of behavior in these hotels. If we wanted that scenery, we would have gone to the jersey shore.

3  Thank Cheryl L

Dear Cheryl L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit.

Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you have outlined during your stay with us. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Absolutely lovely time and experience !Like always on a top!Thank you for being ours favorite place to stay in NYC!Lovely people,absolutely brilliant service. Thank you especially for room dining service! They made us a lots of good surprises!

Room Tip: Ulthra one bedroom suite
2  Thank mia20132018
PedroDias-GM, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear mia20132018,

Thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to sharing with all of our team members! We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience and we look forward to hosting your next visit to New York City!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I chose the Surrey because I loved the rooftop deck and private feel of the place, along with the original art in the lobby. Visiting this section of Manhattan during the summer is also fairly deserted, which is a wonderful break from the chaos of NYC. It's also super close to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. And room service is from Cafe Boulud. The rooms are lovely - I've managed to get a corner room (non-suite) each stay which features two oversized chairs and a coffee table, full desk, bar, plenty of cabinets. Room service was very prompt and the bed is unbelievably comfortable. I worked with Vanessa and Maria to arrange for sparkling wine, strawberries, and a note to await us on arrival and it was all there - as were the numerous emails making sure they got it right. I felt in good hands. On check in, the front desk gentlemen called out the amenity, which was a surprise, so I was a bit disappointed in that but otherwise everything went smoothly. The rooftop bar remained this amazing oasis of loveliness. I can't wait to return.

1  Thank Kate H

Dear kateinphilly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your guest room, its amenities and neighborhood. Our team will be very happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations throughout your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting your third stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The hotel si very nice located, the service is good, the room was clean
My only complain is the room service, it was “So so” ....the food and quantities were average.
The consierge and the general staff were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cebw68

Dear cebw68,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and its amenities. I will certainly look into the room service issue you mentioned with our team, I appreciate you sharing that with us. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team and very happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations throughout your stay with us.