2,039 results
All reviewscafe bouludupper east sidecentral parkbar pleiadesgrand deluxe salonrelais chateauxmadison avenuerooftop gardennew yorkroom servicein room diningluxury hotelfavorite hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelturn down servicerooms are large
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed at the surrey when my house flooded in hurricane irene and i think the service is great but i stayed there for 6 weeks and they only had about 5 things on the menu and i'm a new yorker so i don't really mind going out because i know where to get good food bunt my mom started to go a bit crazy because the food there was gross and the restaurant downstairs was way to expensive. so we were all a bit sad my 4 year old sister but she was fine as long as she could get toys,my 13 year old brother, and me. and the food literally made me sick. like i said befor the people are nice the survice is great. the location is also amazing zitimers was right across the steat its a drug store and a toy store. also next door they had a great coffee shop. i hope you found this review help full. tere is also a park you just have to walk for about 2 min.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lila-z12341
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed 13 nights during January (I also stayed there during my previous visit to NYC).

I can not imagine a better place: the hotel is gorgeous, the decoration is excellent and the bed is the best I have ever slept on.

I also love the upper east side location, but really the best of all is the staff: they are very professional and friendly and make you feel at home; the Director of Guest Relations send me an e-mail to ask the estimated arrival time to minimize waiting time (of course, my room was ready when I arrived!!!); the guest service agents are really very helpful and friendly.

No doubt during my next trip I will stay at The Surrey.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Francisco C
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

Our unique design by Lauren Rottet and prime Upper East Side location are indeed some of our best attributes. We were truly pleased that you found our service to be professional and friendly, especially that of Mr. Jose Lema, our Director of Guest Relations. We pride ourselves on the gracious and warm service extended by our colleagues and I was proud to learn we were successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kangasingham

Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a short getaway and loved the location. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The room was large and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank muribyortega
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our tranquil ambience and personalized service to our close proximity to Central Park, Museum Mile and the famed shopping on Madison Avenue.

We were delighted that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I love this hotel. It is smaller and you get such personal treatment you feel like a guest in a friends home with the most incredible bedding. I also love the decor and intimacy of the bar. Just an all around great experience!

Room Tip: I have stayed there many times and never had a bad one!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank janaherritt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of intuitive and personalized service and I am proud to learn that our team members, were so successful in achieving this with you. We were delighted that our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens exceeded your expectations and provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I really liked this hotel, I have stayed in many small hotels in NYC, but the service here was better.
The checking process was quick and efficient. Because we had tickets to the Ballet they reserved my room and held our bags. Upon return we were expected and welcomed it was a great room on the 19th floor corner room. Great view and quiet too. The hotel was making changes with their towels and robes so room maid gave us the new softer towels, really nice. It was nice having dinner down stairs and the Bar is modern and drinks really good. The neighborhood is just off Madison Avenue so many places to shop.. Complimentary coffee in early morning in lobby.
I will be back..

Room Tip: Worth the price to pay for high room if you can...great light..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marri W
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that you were most impressed by our superb location with close proximity to Central Park and the famed shopping of Madison Avenue.
However, it is our exceptional level of intuitive and personalized service that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel warm and welcome. We concur that the innovative libations at Bar Pleiades and intuitive design makes for a most memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service