Sanctuary Hotel New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Night Times Square(New York City)
View Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Hotel St. James(New York City)
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
Night Theater District(New York City)
  • Room Service
4,205 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great location, right off of Times Square. New rooftop bar was lovely and relaxing. My room was wonderful, though some might consider small, I have stayed in much smaller in NYC. I stayed for almost two and a half weeks and found the accommodations very comfortable. The best part of my stay was undoubtedly the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. I was working crazy hours and no matter what time I came or went there was always a smile and a friendly word. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The staff will be so delighted to read about your comments in regards to the service they provided. Here at the Sanctuary Hotel, we really strive to provide all our guests with a unique and memorable experience. In addition, our staff focuses on interactions that are both warm and genuine.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great hotel, very modern and rooftop bar impressive. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. Room, although small was lovely, the beds were comfortable and the shower was fantastic. Breakfast was good and we thought the breakfast room was fine. Location is good and although right on top of Times Square the room was quiet. I was with my 3 daughters and we would definitely book the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey T

I am glad to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your experience with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Most reviewers would agree that they too enjoy the comfort of our plush pillow-top mattresses and the rainfall showers.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

perfect location, 2 mn from Time Square. The rooms are just excellent, clean and more important people at the reception desk just make you feel like being at home. One remark about breakfast :
the food is very good but the room where it's served is not corresponding to the hotel standard. (tables, plastic spoons and knives).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lion-burnier y

Thank you for posting a review about your time with us.

We appreciate your suggestion in regards to the use of plastic utensils, and will be looking into other options.

We hope that your next visit will be even better.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Hotel was great, no food but not a big deal. Staff was terrific especially Richard at the door!! Beds suoer comfortable and qaterfall showers, yes small roons but its NYC. Subway right there can walk tO Central Park, Radio City, GMA, Rock Center etc. Highly recommend because just far enough from madness of times square!!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your comments.

I will be sure to let Richard know about your feedback.

We hope to have you back with us soon.

Sanctuary Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was probably 2X what I would normally spend on a hotel so my expectations were high. I was shocked how tiny the room was, but I'm from out West so I assume all hotels in NYC are tiny. The bedding was very nice, and comfortable, as long as you didn't try to walk around the room. The location was great, it was nice to be in the heart of the city.
If you get what you pay for the free continental breakfast was spot on. It was nothing more than green apples, a few muffins (I got one of the last) and some juice. I was very disappointed after having been told to "follow the smell toward fresh juices and flaky pastries".
Overall the experience was good, but for the price we paid I expected better than good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristan E
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I am disappointed that the size of your room did not meet your expectations. We do have deluxe room types that may better suit your needs. With the upgraded amenities and additional space, I trust that it would make your stay more enjoyable. My only wish is that you would have informed us and given us an opportunity to provide you with additional room options. Our team is alway here to ensure guest satisfaction.

As with the majority of New York City hotels, the Sanctuary has standard rooms that some may considered small. However, We always ensure that we are competitively priced and offer additional value that most hotels charge for. We offer complimentary wifi, breakfast and gym passes to "Equinox". Along with our well known service, we believe that we offer a great value.

We would love to have you back with us in the future. Please contact me directly so that I may personally assist you with your reservation and ensure that you have a comfortable visit. I can be reached by emailing Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.