4,352 results
All reviews rooftop bar haven rooftop times square new york rooms are small continental breakfast bagels door staff our honeymoon brick wall perfect location concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park around the corner
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I normally stay at the W in Times Square, but this time I opted to stay in a boutique hotel around that area. I looked up hotels and the one hotel that kept standing out was Sanctuary Hotel off of 47th street, between 6th and 7th Aves. As I was checking in, the front desk man, Lucas was so helpful and already had a complimentary upgrade to a King suite ready for me and my guest. Loved the staff and amenities throughout. The room was very romantic and it looked just like the pictures you see on the sites. It was beautiful and the location was ideal. Wish i couldve stayed there longer. I travel to NY City twice a year and definitely am booking this hotel again on my next travels! A DEFINITE MUST STAY! PERFECT LOCATION, PERFECT STAFF!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank BamaGrL118
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel New York.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to have you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Whilst it wasn't bad I think it was overpriced and they got a great photographer to do the pictures. Great location, yes. Attention to detail poor, which if I wasn't paying through the nose I wouldn't expect any more. However, the standard room was tiny, barely room to move around the bed. Whilst this hotel tries to make the shower look exotic and plush this is basically because there is no room for a separate bathroom so the shower is in the room. The door on the toilet didn't shut properly so no thought for privacy and there was nowhere to hang towels to dry. Also no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and a below average breakfast was served in the morning. Staff were pleasant, however after a long day walking the streets we returned to the hotel wanting a cup of coffee which we waited over 15 minutes for! I think this hotel gets away with charging what it does simply because of the location, which is great. However they lack in attention to detail. Not to mention our surprise at someone being beaten up on the sidewalk one night opposite the hotel whilst the concierge looked on from the steps of the hotel....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank O S

It saddens me to know that we were not able to meet your expectations. Our goal is to always provide all of our guests with an experience that is both memorable and unique.

Our rooms are designed with the effort of maximizing full use of space, while creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Although we do not have coffee machines in our rooms, we do offer daily complimentary breakfast in our lounge area. Our S.T.A.R. experience program is also built on the foundation of going above and beyond for our guests. If you wanted coffee at a specific time, we would have been more than happy to have it delivered to your room at no additional cost.

However, I do apologize that the door did not close properly. This is definitely not normal and has already been addressed.

As you may see from most of our reviewers, our focus is always on the guests and the attention to detail is always tailored to each guests' specific needs.

Should you give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me directly for reservations (jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com). I will personally make sure that you experience the Sanctuary Hotel the way it was meant to be.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

First, the basics: comfy bed, great shower, immaculately clean, fine location (near Times Sq but not too noisy), small room but perfect for solo traveler

Next, the extras: nice free continental breakfast, fun flashing of Times Sq neon in my window at night (there was a shade if needed), privacy curtain for shower (Shower is actually in the room, toilet is only additional room)

Last: the sensational: the staff, friendliest I have ever encountered and this says a lot as all boutique staffers seem to be trained in the same wonderful hospitality school; the decor, with Indian references and homey gas fireplaces scattered throughout, making for a happy relief coming in from the rain.

I booked via Sniqueaway and had gotten a reasonable rate of $174 not including taxes etc

Just a lovely all around experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank cootmom
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

"Exotic Gem" is what we like to be, and "sensational staff" is what we strive to have here at the Sanctuary Hotel. Thank you for those words of encouragement.

It's great when guest appreciate the efforts that we make to provide our guests with and exceptional visit.

Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to NYC. We would love to have you back.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Firstly the location cannot be beaten. Close by to times square and rockefeller centre and adjoining subway stations. The rooms, were small, but perfectly formed. They were clean, compact and very slick. The staff, faultless. The concierge were especially informative, helpful and couldn't do more for you. Only downside was the bar, wouldn't describe it as a cocktail bar as many of the bartenders didn't know the most common cocktails and how to make them, and they were mostly devoid of people and atmosphere. However, with so many bars nearby it really wasn't a problem. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: No harm in asking for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tom_Ryan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us.

Saying that the staff was "faultless" is a great compliment to us and this is why we continuously strive to improve our services. Our goal is to always try and exceed guest expectations.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you look at the hotel's web sites and the reviews you will not be surprised. Perhaps the unexpected feature was the friendliness of the staff. The staff were extremely pleasant and caring. Pay attention to the pictures of the rooms on the web site. The are dead on accurate. No surprises is a good thing. If the descriptions fit what you like, you will be happy.

Room Tip: We had a sixth floor room on 57th street and had no street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank clrWashngton_DC

We love being a pleasant surprise. It's great when guest feedback is in regards to the service we provide. We strive to present everyone with a unique and memorable experience, with the efforts of creating a "home away from home".

Thank you for providing us with feedback and we hope to see you again soon.