4,389 results
All reviews rooftop bar haven rooftop times square new york rooms are small continental breakfast door staff bagels cupcakes our honeymoon brick wall perfect location concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Lovely hotel in an excellent location. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly! The only negative I could fine is that the hotel bar was very expensive. Overall experience was excellent and will stay in this hotel again when returning to NYC!!!!

Date of stay: December 2011
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Our staff make every effort to provide our guests with a great experience. In regards to our bar, we apologize if you felt that our pricing was high. Our pricing is done competitively with other hotel bars in our surrounding area. We are always looking to adjust our menu to ensure that we provide a product that is of value to our guests.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Came here for New Year's Eve nice and early in the morning and was allowed to check in early which was a plus right off the bat. It was a trip for myself and my girlfriend, and while the rooms were a little small they didn't lack anything you would possibly need from a larger room. The decor and rooms were up to date and very current. Flat screen wall mounted to save space, desk along with chair were fine to have my laptop setup all week long was great. Sure the minibar had ridiculous prices, but what hotel charges you normal prices on things you can easily get from across the street at the corner store directly across open 24/7. The location is absolutely spectacular if you are looking to do the site seeing thing, or even for shopping. 5th avenue is an easy walk for those looking to shop with restaurants everywhere you turn. Also of note Empire is a 20 minute walk away along with most other central Manhatten sites, though Times Square is literally around the corner. The staff here were always courteous and quite helpful any time of day. Perhaps the only thing of note here that was I guess to be expected due to the area and time of day was when myself and my girlfriend went out on the 2nd of Jan at 3am in the morning looking for something to eat and you had dealers beside the corner store across the street trying to sling coke and weed making it a slightly sketchy area for that reason but that is how it is in most downtown areas of any city late at night.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the big apple if they are looking for a prime area to shop, eat, or site see in. If you have a family though it might not be the best based on size of the rooms however the rooms come fully equipped with all you could need. And I hear you aren't really going to get better room size unless you drop a fortune on your room or stay out of state.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We always appreciate when guests share their wonderful experience with us.

I am glad that you choose the Sanctuary Hotel as the place to stay during the New Year's celebration. Our priority is to always provide our guests with a memorable visit.

Many reviewers would agree that we have one of the best locations, where everything is conveniently located around us. A lot of focus is placed on our room design to maximize use of space so that our guests are able to experience a warm, inviting and comfortable stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Had a great stay here in October 2011. Staff were very helpful and the room was great. Having the shower/sink area in the bedroom (can curtain it off) was a quirky twist but definately made the room seem larger. Fantastic shower, comfy bed and the unexpected bonus of a buffet breakfast included in the price. Very convenient location, would definately stay again.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Many guests such as yourself, like our complimentary breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My (now) fiancee and I stayed at the Sanctuary Hotel from December 7-10. I actually proposed to her during the trip and the wonderful staff at the hotel definitely went above and beyond to make our trip one that we will never forget. From arranging a chauffeured airport pickup to working to put us in a room with a beautiful view, the staff was always extraordinarily helpful and friendly. Jeremy, Brandon, Freddie and all the rest of the staff worked hard to make every aspect of our stay a pleasure. They even treated us to a few romantic surprises during our stay!

The room was great, especially the stylish bathroom, and the bed was SO COMFORTABLE! We were on a higher floor, and we didn't notice too much noise from the street. The lobby area was very cozy and warm with plenty of comfortable seating, and the complimentary continental breakfast was well above average. The lobby staff held our bags for us when we went out again after checking out, and later the porter hailed us a cab to the airport while we relaxed in the lobby next to the fire. I would say that this was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in (definitely the nicest experience), and I'm so glad I chose the Sanctuary. Thanks again, and we hope to return soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such an amazing review about us.

Congratulations on such a special occasion. We are very happy to be part of it and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of Brandon, Freddie and the rest of the staff, we'd like to thank you for choosing the Sanctuary Hotel as the place to stay.

Should your travels bring you back to New York City again, do not hesitate to contact me for reservations.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Every year my husband and I celebrate both our birthdays, our wedding anniversary AND Christmas and New Years, all over a 9 day span. This year we spent New Years Eve with our 24 year old son and his girlfriend at The Sanctuary Hotel. The kids arrived first and text us saying "Hotel is reallllly nice...very chic!!!" We couldn't agree more. The decor, the staff, the breakfast .. all very impressive and the location was superb! The hotel staff was extremely helpful in planning our fabulous 5 day stay. Our room was extremely comfortable (very comfy, cozy bed). The bathroom was ideal equipped including the best-ever hotel blow-dryer (I always pack my own). We chose to brave the Time Square celebration so we missed out on the Sanctuary Hotel party however upon our return we we're offered a complementary glass of champagne. We highly recommend this très chic boutique hotel and we'll definitely go back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Fikistein
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

It's great to know when guests of ours, have such a great experience. I am happy to hear that you and your family decided to stay with us throughout the special holidays and for your anniversary.

On behalf of the entire staff, we'd like to thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.