4,352 results
All reviews rooftop bar haven rooftop times square new york rooms are small continental breakfast bagels door staff our honeymoon brick wall perfect location concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park around the corner
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I usually research hotels FOREVER before I make a decision and this time was no different and I have to say, my research paid off!

The hotel was in a GREAT location within a block from Times Square, a short shuttle ride to LaGuardia. (FYI: When you arrive, take the NYCAirporter. For $12.50/per person, they will take you to Grand Central Station and from there they have free vans to local hotels. When you leave, ask the front desk and they will have a car there to meet you out front at the exact time you need them there - actually earlier in our case!!)

The front desk staff was SOOOOO friendly and helpful!! Hughes helped us at check in and told us some tips about navigating the city, as well as where to find a quick, good breakfast - which was right across the street! They even upgraded our room because I had emailed them that we were celebrating our Anniversary. We were in Room 502. It was small - like most NYC hotels, but it didn't feel small. Everything was really nice and there was lots of room to hang clothing and put away our luggage so we weren't tripping over it. The bathroom was really nice too. It was very CLEAN and looked brand new, since they are renovating.

Every staff member was very kind and helpful and friendly when we came back to the hotel. They also remembered us and asked about specific things that we had told them earlier in the day.

I would stay at this hotel every time we go to NYC and I'm hoping that the price will stay reasonable once they have completed the renovation.

Don't hesitate - BOOK THIS HOTEL!! I promise you'll love it just like we did!!

Room Tip: We had Room 502 and LOVED it! They upgraded us from a Queen to a King since it was our Anniversary weekend. I emailed them before arrival.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you for writing such a detailed and wonderful review about us on tripadvisor.com.

Hughes will be so happy to hear about such positive feedback in regards to his service. I will definitely share your review with the rest of the staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 18 August 2011

The renovation was not complete at the time of our stay. I felt the lobby was a bit too dark (even for a sanctuary) but overall an edgy, Euro-modern interior. The rooms were nicely furnished with good showers. We were upgraded to the larger King room from the smallest room and the space was much better.
The desk and lobby staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is very good!

Room Tip: The smallest room is very small so try for the next one up in size.
1  Thank LIKE195

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about us on tripadvisor.com.

All feedback from our guests, is always appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was really worried when I had to pick a hotel for our trip at NY city. I heard too many stories about bed bugs and I know even if you pay bucks there is no guarantee in NY. I did a lot of research and tried out Sanctuary as I know they are newly renovated. I was impressed to get an email 1 month before our arrival enquiring if we had any special requests. I wrote back all I want is a clean room, higher floor and NO bed bugs. The manager replied nicely and gave me the assurance no bed bugs. Indeed, the stay was very pleasant. Room was clean, staff were friendly and we loved the romantic design of the room layout. My 10 year old son and my hubby enjoyed the stay, prime and central location at Times Square, just half block from subway. A very convenient location and reasonable price hotel for our first trip in New York. I'm a very picky person but I must say I highly recommend Sanctuary hotel for anyone who want to stay at a prime and clean location at NY City for an affordable price.

3  Thank Alice T
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Thank you for your fantastic feedback about us on tripadvisor.com.

Contacting the guests prior to arrival is very important to us. It gives us a better understanding of what our guests would like and gives us an opportunity to personalized their stay.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

very nice place, good location. Only issues I had was that the AC vent blows directly on the pillow end of bed in a small room, but maybe there is something they can do about it. Housekeeping kept shorting us on washcloths (1 for 2 people?) All in all, a nice place to stay. The reduced price due to the 'soft opening' is appropriate; no items in courtesy frig, no restaurant, no exercise facilities (they give you passes to some great health clubs that are close by). Overall, I would stay here again.

I look forward to returning.

1  Thank samher110258
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback about the Sanctuary Hotel.

We will have our engineer team take a look at A/C vent issue that you brought up. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel is amazing from the time you arrive, until you check out!!!!!! I have never stayed at a hotel where EVERY EMPLOYEE was friendly, helpful, fun, etc. They love their jobs! I cannot remember everyone's names (sorry), but Julio and Lenny warm my heart -just amazing staff! OK......the hotel was very trendy and decorated beautifully. It is small, but that adds to the charm. It was clean and inviting. The location is perfect! Quiet at night and a nice walk to many places! The only disappointment was when I booked our room, it said I would be receiving a free upgrade - it did not say "if available." However, when we checked in, there were no upgraded rooms available. Sort of disappointed, (who doesn't enjoy an upgrade), but again, the hotel is fantastic. Do yourself a favor and stay here on your next NYC trip!!!!!!!

1  Thank Zildjian12

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about us on tripadvisor.com.

The staff will be so happy to see such great comments about them, especially Lenny and Julio. We place so much effort in creating an environment that gives our guest a feeling of "home away from home". It's nice to know that our guests are happy with the effort.

We hope to see you again soon.