Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #286 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York, NY
“Pathetic”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Worse than terrible. I was at the hotel on a Sunday afternoon to collect a pass for a conference which my colleague had left for me the day before. My colleagues and I had arranged it so that one colleague would use the pass on Friday and leave it for the other colleague to use on Saturday and then leave it for me to use on Sunday. The concierge totally botched things up. After waiting around in the lobby for an hour trying to find out what happened to the pass, they finally found it marked in the envelope exactly as I told them it was. Not only were they careless and inattentive but the day before my horrible experience, they irresponsibly gave my colleague the wrong pass to the conference which means that someone else was not able to go. Rather than apologize for their mistake, they accused my colleagues of leaving the pass unattended/unmarked at the concierge desk. Everyone I asked for help was extremely unprofessional. As a result, I showed up to the conference just to see the end of the session, and I missed out on a pretty important meeting.

If they can't handle a simple mail exchange, then I would bet that they can't handle towels.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium hotel for my 50th birthday. We had a 43rd floor room which was very satisfactory. We had a partial view of the Empire state building as well a times square. The location was excellent for all the main sights we wanted to see and all were within reasonable walking distance. Times square was a couple of minutes walk. As mentioned by other reviewers it is close to good morning america studio but as we were on the 43rd floor the cheering was noticable with the window closed. My wife did ask for an extra blanket in the morning but it had not arrived by nigh time so she had to ring up again and it was brought up directly. The only thing I would say needed to be adressed by the hotel manager was the unfriendly attitude by the man on reception who checked us in thankfully the rest of the staff were not like him - not got his name though!

Room Tip: Higher floor quiter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickandShe
Phoenix
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a PHENOMENAL view. We were essentially directly at the new 9/11 Memorial and the water. The hotel was quite clean and well equipped, located right off the subway, and the staff was very helpful. The suite layout was perfect for our family. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: The corner junior suite was incredible. Phenomenal view from the main "bedroom" area and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Mountain Brook, Alabama
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Millenium Broadway on St. Patrick's eve, 2012, due to a flight delay by Delta. My husband's work concierge made the reservation for us on the fly, and because we booked at the last minute, the only room available for our family of four was a suite with a king bed and pullout sofa. We arrived late in the evening due to day of airport hassles, and after checking in, asked to have the sofa bed made up while we went out to dinner. When we returned two hours later, it still had not been done, so we had to phone down to the front desk again. The king bed was quite comfy, but the sofa bed was typically lumpy and sagged in the middle. Nevertheless, the location was spectacular, with its Times Square location. We left our bags at the hotel the next day while we went sightseeing and returned at the end of the day to find everything intact, including my son's iPad, which we had left in his bag. All in all, a great location. They also have a theater desk, which was helpful, and good bellstaff, which made arrangements for a van to drive us back to the airport at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherrie F
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Bed bugs and poor management, lack of ownership which ruined my vacation. Thanks

• Stayed April 2012