“Right on times square” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #275 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Right on times square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Excellent location, quiet comfortable rooms. Quick and easy check in and out. No complaints Other than the lack of beverage making facility in room

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank s22urf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mount Laurel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel. Originally was scheduled for a King room on a high floor, but when I arrived I asked for a lower floor and was given a 2nd floor Queen in The Premier section right next to the elevator. I never heard a sound outside my door for the 4 days I was there. The room and bath were done in an Art Deco decor that needed a bit of updating. But the bed and pillows (4) were comfortable. USA today was delivered on the weekdays. One storey below we had breakfast every morning consisting of hot and cold cereals, danish,
yogurt, bagels, bread, cut up fruit, coffee, individual tea bags, whole milk, 1/2 and 1/2 and skim. Also free were
hors d'ouvres between 5 and 7...roast beef, turkey, cheeses, nuts, pickles, soda and alcohol.
We had a problem with Housekeeping in that no one came to redo our room one day. Thereafter, we called every day as we were going out to make sure someone came. Some of the TV movies had no sound, and were taken off my bill, when I asked for a refund. We also found the elevator key to be a bit of a problem.
The hotel is located in Times Square, so there were plenty of restaurants nearby, but the hotel also had a
restaurant with good food, and a bit pricey.
All in all, I would return to this hotel the next time I'm in NYC.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristofur
Jacksonvile, Fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This hotel was the choice of a conference I was attending and as soon as I walked into the room, I walked right back out again. The lobby was dark and dingy, the carpets throughout (including the elevators) were frayed and dirty, and the walls were scuffed. Very little care has been given to upkeep here. The room I was given had dirty pillows, a filthy mattress (think hair and STAINS) and the entire room smelled like someone had just recently been smoking in it. The bathroom walls were stained too.

If you're looking to save money and you don't care about dirt, uh, this place would be fine. I went down the street to the Marriott Marquis. I paid about $60 more a night but it was well worth it!

I will say that the staff was friendly and they didn't charge me for leaving or give me any trouble about it and I appreciated that very much. If they're cleaning staff was as good as their front desk staff, I might have stayed. Would never go back here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Vivi28
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway Hotel New York, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed on the 27th floor for a week in a standard room. On checking in the receptionist said they had put us in a larger room but I am not sure if this was an upgrade. The room was very big, massive bed, two armchairs and lots of space. The bathroom was large. There is a drainage problem and the water pressure is low although the shower was fine. There is no extractor fan in the bathroom so the mirror takes a while to clear.
There is some room noise from the lifts but is not intrusive. We never had to wait long for a lift.

We asked for a fridge for medical purposes and this was actioned promptly. We organised this via an email directly with the hotel prior to arrival and the $25 fee was waivered as it was for medical reasons.

One negative is there isnt any tea or coffee in the room, which would have been nice to have first thing.

The location of this hotel cannot be understated. It is so near everything.
Go out of the back entrance (45th ) and head for the Cranberry Deli for breakfast. It seems choas but there is a system and we never got the wrong order. It is used by the local construction workers and police which says alot for quality and value for money.

Room Tip: room 27:01 was large and had a view of a part of the square. There is some noise from the lifts ( a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent you step out of the hotel and within in a minute you are in Times Square. The concierge and reception staff are very polite and helpful although the hotel itself needs updating. My room although very spacious and clean was on the 16th floor and the plumbing and air conditioning noise was so loud that without ear plugs I wouldnt have been able to sleep and although we had booked 3 non smoking rooms my brother was put in a smoking room on the 29th floor which smelled of stale cigarette smoke. I would stay in the hotel again but only if I was allocated a quiter room,

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 29th floor to get a good view of Times Square
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family