“great location”

Ranked #286 of 467 Hotels in New York City
hampshire
“great location”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed on the 27th floor for a week in a standard room. On checking in the receptionist said they had put us in a larger room but I am not sure if this was an upgrade. The room was very big, massive bed, two armchairs and lots of space. The bathroom was large. There is a drainage problem and the water pressure is low although the shower was fine. There is no extractor fan in the bathroom so the mirror takes a while to clear.
There is some room noise from the lifts but is not intrusive. We never had to wait long for a lift.

We asked for a fridge for medical purposes and this was actioned promptly. We organised this via an email directly with the hotel prior to arrival and the $25 fee was waivered as it was for medical reasons.

One negative is there isnt any tea or coffee in the room, which would have been nice to have first thing.

The location of this hotel cannot be understated. It is so near everything.
Go out of the back entrance (45th ) and head for the Cranberry Deli for breakfast. It seems choas but there is a system and we never got the wrong order. It is used by the local construction workers and police which says alot for quality and value for money.

Room Tip: room 27:01 was large and had a view of a part of the square. There is some noise from the lifts ( a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent you step out of the hotel and within in a minute you are in Times Square. The concierge and reception staff are very polite and helpful although the hotel itself needs updating. My room although very spacious and clean was on the 16th floor and the plumbing and air conditioning noise was so loud that without ear plugs I wouldnt have been able to sleep and although we had booked 3 non smoking rooms my brother was put in a smoking room on the 29th floor which smelled of stale cigarette smoke. I would stay in the hotel again but only if I was allocated a quiter room,

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 29th floor to get a good view of Times Square
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Midwest
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Poorly lit and designed hotel lobby, dated decor. Walkway carpeting and room furniture all suggested the owner of this hotel has not spent $$ to update it for at least one decade.

Other than very good location (2 blocks away from Time Square), can't think of other benefits this place has to offer. Stayed in standard room and it doesn't even offer you a coffee machine with a free cup of coffee or some tea bags. It turned out that one must 'request' it via housekeeping but found out it too late (at time of checkout).

This hotel also has horrible, unreliable internet connection which they charged you $12.95 access fee/day. This is a type of place where they'll nickel/dime you to death for every little thing. Avoid if you can! Won't come back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank QuakernJayhawk
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Before I post this review, I would like to tell you that I had the Millennium Hotel Broadway send me an email to ask about my stay during mid January 2012, and though I wrote back to them explaining in detail my experience there (and was quite generous in my statements)... I never ever heard back from them, which only goes to show... they don't give a $#)^ about their customers!!! --- Here is what I wrote:

Dear Administrator at Millennium,

Generally I would like to commend your hotel's overall quality & service. For the most part I had an enjoyable stay while visiting in January 2012. There were only a few things that I feel could have made my stay more enjoyable, however 1 of those things being totally out of your control. So let's start there... #1. Next to your hotel there is major construction being done on another building. They start their construction work very early 7am (VERY NOISY), and so the chance of sleeping in late peacefully was not an option. -- In addition to that noise was the hotel room's doors... basically as people were coming and going, and without thought or consideration to other guests, patrons would come and go, letting their doors "Slam" shut... which would of course noisily vibrate the walls of the corridors & disturb other people in their rooms. To remedy this, I would highly recommend putting some air pressured mechanical arms onto the top of the inside of the doors to stop the doors from slamming shut allowing the doors to close more quietly. #2. The bathtub/shower had serious DRAINAGE problems. The water would fill up 4-6in's in the tub during showers... and would only eventually drain 10-15 minutes after taking a shower. I would definitely highly recommend snaking all of the hotels drainage systems in the rooms periodically to keep the water running smoothly without clogging. #3. During my stay, I paid for wireless internet access... that was a huge waste of my money, as the internet connectivity in your hotel is very poor at best. Although I could connect from time to time, the ability to stay connected was extremely difficult. I talked to one of your staff about it, and asked about a hard line connection... but your hotel room doesn't seems to provide any hard line connections as I did look to see if I could jack in to a port somewhere in the room but couldn't find any. This was probably the most frustrating part of my stay, as it made it impossible for me to conduct business while I was there. --- All in all however, I was very pleased with your hotel's staffs that were very courteous, and actually very helpful in providing information when requested. Additionally, the hotel's location was perfect for my needs, as all of my business was centered in and around Time's Square, and the restaurants, delis, and Starbucks was right next door. Please also understand that the few things that I have mentioned are not going to stop me from staying at your hotel again, but it would be very good if a few of these issues could be addressed before I come back to N.Y. --- Thank you

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WILLtheHAMMER
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the Millennium off 44th & Broadway in the Premier building in room 1922 for 4 nights in the 1st week of March. For a NYC room, I found it to be very roomy for 2. Queen bed, sitting area, desk, large bathroom, large closet and mini bar area. The location is steps from GMA and Virgil's BBQ. It's also close to Rockafeller center. There's a little deli/store across the street for any incidentals you need. Street vendors on the corner for snacks. The location cannot be beat! It's not loud at all. Some nights we slept with the windows open and the noise was almost non existant. I like that the hotel is on a side street with little traffic and walking distance from Times Square & the subway.

The staff is very nice and helpful and the hotel was always clean. If you have a room in the Premier section, you get access to the Mezzanine that offers free continental breakfast and happy hour. I found the continental breakfast to be very good and not cheapy like most places. The bagels and croissants were delicious!

I definitely recommend staying at the Millenium hotel! Great location, great price and staff!

Room Tip: View is not too important here. I would give up the view to stay in the Premier section for the fre...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple