DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Ranked #333 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a recent weekend here. The room was great: stylish, comfortable and clean, and the location, with a subway stop on the corner, was ideal for visiting the Guggenheim and Metropolitan museums.Also, anyone who likes modern architecture will especially enjoy this hotel. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer U, Rooms Controller at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you so much for a great review! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed the excellent location of our property!

We look forward to your next visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,092)

Reviewed 20 January 2013

First, I would like to thank management for the suite. After finding that I wouldnt be able to afford it, we checked in and was given a king room on the 17th floor. My husband birthday is today, the 19th and he loves the room and so do I. The only problem I have is no fridge and bathroom is small but everything is great. I would have no problem staying here again. Clean, comfy, excellent customer service and very helpful. Love it!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank KeshaKesh

Thank you for a great review! I am so glad to see that you had an amazing stay and enjoyed your room!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We got a groupon deal for this hotel which was a good value but I don't think we'd go back.

Pros:
Clean comfy bed
Middle of manhattan
Free wifi and drinks with our deal
Lobby was nice and smelled good
The parking lot staff let us get to our car to put our stuff in before we actually left- that way we could walk around and do some shopping.
Front desk guy at night have us good advice about where to get a late night bite to eat.

Cons:
Housekeeping opened our door at 8 am without knocking, waking us up from the uninterrupted sleep we were hoping for.

You can park 24 hours for $43 and walk into the hotel but they don't let you leave and come back. I know this is the standard in the city but there's no reason why a hotel should do that to their guests. The guy tried to charge us 49 dollars when we pulled in, until we told him no way we were paying at the desk as planned. They just weren't the most upstanding people if you know what I mean.

The TV remote didn't work at all.

Tiny tiny TINY bathroom.

We'll try somewhere else next time we stay in Manhattan. The experience overall just wasn't one that made us want to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie A

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry to see about the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I will be sure to let the appropriate departments know about these situations so we can improve for future stays.

We hope that you will return to see us again when you are back in NYC so you can experience a stay that will exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree for 6 nights. I loved this location as its a little off the crowded streets and loud areas, yet its right out the door to a subway location and 3 blocks from 5th Avenue. You can easily walk to many places in midtown.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. However, the bathrooms were tiny. Don't plan on laying any of your toiletries out because there isn't any space for them. You have to pack them up after each use. We had a wonderful view of the Chrysler Building which was great.

The staff wasn't great and could use lots training. The internet in the rooms never worked. The breakfast was terrible and extremely overpriced. If you like bagels there is a nice bagel shop behind the hotel.

Loved the location, wasn't impressed with the staff and so I'd probably choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jennifer U, Rooms Controller at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am so glad you enjoyed the location, but regret to see that you did not find our staff welcoming. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible, and I regret to see that this was not the case. I will be sure to pass these comments onto the proper departments for follow up.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to NYC!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed here the weekend of January 11-13 when we were in town for a family event. Great location to hit the shops with my girls as well as go to Central Park and museums. The price for January was terrific--I had booked in December, but I realized the week we were heading to NYC that the AAA price had dropped; called the hotel and was given the new lower rate immediately!

Room was a good size with enough lighting, nice TV, clean bathroom. When we asked for extra towels they were brought immediately.

I did buy wifi for one day, but I wish it had been available for all the devices that we had with us and not just one computer at a time.

The room was very hot the first night; I adjusted it for the second night stay, but it still seemed a little too warm.

Hotel has a contract with the garage right around the corner. Worked out well for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine W
Jennifer U, Rooms Controller at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad you had a terrific stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!