10,095 results
All reviews grand central station great location new york chrysler building club level times square large hotel busy hotel bryant park hotel lobby king room late check nyc hotel big apple few blocks subway manhattan
Reviewed 2 February 2011

after coming from philly me and a friend booked 3 nights here at the hyatt. We check into the first room and find a bug in the bathroom... sucks but you know it happens, but they did a great job of making sure the rest of the stay went as smoothly as possible. We moved rooms into a newly renovated one which was nice. Same size and basically same amenities as the other. After a day we come up to find an apology note, some food and a nice bottle of wine and we couldnt have been happier with the way they dealt with the whole situation. Great hotel in a great location in the best city ever.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear extremepitaman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and thank you especially for the positive score
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at check-in, but we are glad to hear the staff followed up quickly and efficiently, and you had a pleasant stay
Also good to understand you like the renovated rooms!

We look forward to your next stay with us, come back soon!
Kind regards

Silvia Zese
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2011

Rooms- We had a standard Queen room and it was more than enough, bed was massive & very comfy, nice bathroom (good shower) Large wardrobe and a big flat screen TV. Room was cleaned every day and towels changed. Very good housekeeping staff!! We had a little peak at the newly renovated floors which look amazing! Although our room wasnt renovated i didnt see any problem with it!

Staff- as i said cleaning staff were great, as were the rest of the staff we dealt with. Help desk is great, they will answer any of your questions. And as our flights were cancelled for one night the staff did a wonderful job in making sure we had the same room for that one extra night. Cant fault the staff all friendly and very willing to help! even the doormen were lovely.

Location- I doubt anyone could fault the locaion of Grand Hyatt, it was perfect. Right next to Grand central station, 10 mins walk in one direction to Empires state building, 10 mins in the other direction is times square. 20mins walk to central park, and 5 mins to 5th avenue with all the good shops!!

Thanks to all the lovely staff at Grand Hyatt especially the manager silvia who was a great help before our trip too!! Next time we go to NYC we will definately stay at the hyatt, no doubt about it!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toff1991
Reviewed 29 January 2011

There is only one word that describes this hotel and that is nasty. I was put into a room on the 24th floor (which is newly "renovated"). The first room I was put in heaven only knows what the crud on the floor was. The front desk very obligingly moved me to another room on the same floor, this room had a layer of food crumbs on the floor, little twists of toilet paper near the toilet , a very thick layer of dust on the furniture and hair in the very old shower. I called the front desk and they again nicely asked me if I wanted another room. I suggested, perhaps getting someone up to this room to clean the room. How many times was I going to have to go down to the front desk before they gave me a clean room?
A housekeeping manager and housekeeper came to the room. After the housekeeping manager directed the housekeeper to clean everything I pointed out, she left. I tipped the housekeeper in the hopes that she might do a thorough job cleaning the room. When I returned to the room there were still some crumbs and the hair was still in the shower.

To add insult to injury I awoke the next morning to not a drop of hot water at 5:30. I was hopeful when the water turned lukewarm, but then want back to cold a minute later.

The only nice thing I have to say about this hotel was that with every complaint ,the staff did try to assist with a resolution, but I am sure they are used to having to deal with such complaints. When I told the person at the front desk that the only word I could use to describe the hotel was "nasty", they did refund me a half a nights cost of my room. Seriously, the refund was no compensation for having to stay in a hotel that nauseated me. I would have left if I was not there with my company. The only regret I have is that I did not take pictures, because it is inconceiveable that the Grand Hyatt in NYC would have such low standards.

Thank you to to the staff for being so understanding and accomodating, and to management please set the bar a bit higher.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Dear CorporateTraveler22,

We can not apologize enough for what you experienced in our hotel.
I am responding yo let you know that I have addressed all the issues that you raised to the Housekeeping Director and to the Rooms Executive to make sure something like this does not happen again.

I believe it is unaccaptable and when a guest arrives at a hotel after a short or long trip he only wants to check in a clean room and have a pleasant time, not having to move from a room to another. We perfectly understand and we share your frustration

Our housekeeping standards are very high, our housekeepers are extremely knowledgable and professional and I am quite surprised to hear what you had to go through, so please accept our apologies and notice that we are taking the issue very seriously , and trying to find out why this happened.

I wish to thank you anyway for appreciating our staff efforts to assist you. I am glad to hear we were able to provide you with a high customer service and to do our best to resolve the situation.

I really hope you will consider the possibility of coming back to the hotel in the near future, to prove you the high standard we are capable of.

Silvia Zese
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2011

A typical New York hotel. No complaints. We drove around Manhattan for hours trying to find a parking spot for any hotel and this one was the only one that we saw an opening....just to check in!!! Only $250 per night for a last minute trip to downtown Manhattan, I'll take it!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I liked this hotel very much... Very clean, organized space, and private...

• Stayed: February 2010