10,080 results
All reviews grand central station great location new york chrysler building club level times square large hotel busy hotel bryant park hotel lobby king room late check nyc hotel big apple few blocks subway manhattan
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt was fantastic. What a fantastic location, close to all the sites and especially Fifth Avenue and Times Square.

The concierge and hotel receptionists were all very friend. The room was fantastic, great size for a standard double room and the view opposite the Chrysler Building was just superb to wake up to all the hustle and bustle of New York down below.

The rooms were clean and the beds amazingly comfortable (in fact the best I have slept in). Bathroom was clean as was the bedroom.

The Market Cafe was fantastic for a cup of tea (us English and our tea) and the oatmeal and raisin cookies were to die for, as was the marble cake. They were big enough for my friend and myself to share.

The only downside and this is very minor was I used a phone card which you had to dial a 1-800 number which should have been free - everytime I used this I was charged $1.50 plus another $1 which I found rather irritating. Also you ahve to pay $2 per bag when you checkout for the bell boy to hold your bags.

Other than that minor downside I would definitely stay at the Grand Hyatt again and hope it isn't too long before I get to go back to my favourite city in the world.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Just arrived home from a five night stay in The Grand Hyatt East 42nd Street. Travelling with two family members we had one good sized room with two double beds and plenty of room to move about. Room was very clean along with the bathroom and had a large LCD tv with plenty of channels. Good sized cupboard with ironing board and iron in it. Safety deposit box in the room is a bonus. Included with your stay you have the use of the gym which has all the newest equipment, headsets and towels.

The check in was quick and reception very helpful, you also have the two other desks for info and buying tour and theatre tickets. In the main reception there is a market with hot and cold foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tea and coffee facilities, cold drinks, alcohol and snacks which are all very reason able and handy. Also the closeness of Times Square, Grand Cental Station with the markets and dining concorse, Pershing Cafe and Anne Moore's round the corner.

Only bad things are the hotel Wifi. Not the speed that is the problem its that is costs $10 for 24hours use and the beds are not to everybodys comfort.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank chris_scott94
Reviewed 14 December 2010

This hotel is simply nothing special. The rooms are TINY, lacking a coffee pot, mini fridge, coffee maker, ironing board, etc. The bathroom doesn't have a fan, so it gets really steamy in the entire room. We found someone's sleep mask on the floor, the toilet was cracked, and the floor didn't appear to be vacuumed recently at all. The tub didn't drain well so by the time you were done showering there were several inches of dirty water in which you stood, not to mention you had to hold onto the shower head or else it just sprayed straight down.

The lobby was nice, as was the location. Practically attached to grand central, it made getting around on the subway a breeze.

I didn't choose to stay here, the arrangements were pre-made, but I wouldn't stay here again. Nothing was really disturbing, just very lack-luster and way over priced at $500 a night for 2 double beds. Also parking was an alarming $70 per night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

Dear Travellover1869,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt New York.

I must say I am very sorry and quite surprised to hear what you experienced, this really does not reflect our housekeeping standards. I would like to follow up with our team to review our training standards and to make sure something like this never happens again.

Would you mind e-mailing me your full name in order to find out which room you stayed in and who serviced your room?
I really want to apologize for not being able to provide you with the product and the level of service we definitely are able to provide, but I would greatly appreciate your cooperation on this.

Best regards and happy holidays!

Silvia Zese
Guest Experience Manager
Silvia.A.Zese@Hyatt.com

Reviewed 10 December 2010

Location is great, and staff helpful and pleasant. The only downside is getting one of the older rooms and still paying the same rate as those with new rooms or similar 4-5 stars hotels in New York. The old rooms are in no way worth the price, though I'm sure once the renovation is complete this will actually be a "Grand" Hyatt property.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions. It is a very large hotel with a grand lobby at a great location.

The first time, we arrived early, so rooms were not ready. We were assured that we would get two separate beds in the room, but when we came back in the evening, they had forgotten of this request, and only rooms with king-size beds were available. They made amends by offering us complimentary breakfast vouchers, which was nice.

The second time I stayed here with my daughter, and we were able to check in early, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

By the way, they have a $2 per bag fee, if you want them to store the bags prior to departure. Also, the bar/restaurant lounge serves nice cocktails.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family