Grand Hyatt New York
Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 190*
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 220*
  • Fitness centre
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 317*
USD 294*
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 210*
USD 227*
USD 211*
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Beacon(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 570*
USD 401*
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 314*
USD 289*
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 221*
  • Fitness centre
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)
USD 381*
USD 334*
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 122*
  • Breakfast included
9,539 results
All reviewsgrand central stationgreat locationnew yorkchrysler buildingclub leveltimes squarelarge hotelbusy hotelbryant parkking roomnyc hotelbig applefew blockslobbysubwayconferencemanhattan
Reviewed 15 February 2007

When I first entered the Grand Hyatt Hotel in NYC I was very impressed. There was a beautiful waterfall, a wonderful lobby, little shops, a coffee bar and an inviting atmosphere. Also, the hotel was connected to Grand Central Station. Unfortunately, it stopped there. There were bellhops—but, I guess they were on a break, none of them offered to help with our luggage. And the coffee bar, no one to man the espresso machine either. Oh well, with a Starbucks on every corner, we decided to get coffee elsewhere. Since we were staying on points, we opted to upgrade and stay on the concierge level for a few extra points, we figured we were pretty safe—you know, a little extra TLC. No, wrong. First off, our room was the size of a walk in closet; our bathroom was so small that when trying to blow-dry my hair, I kept hitting my elbow on the door jam. And forget about taking a relaxing bath, there was mold in the corner, and random hair on the walls and floor, so I decided to shower instead. It was quite disgusting. And the beds were not that comfortable. I am very glad that we didn’t stay more than 1 night; it just might have ruined my trip!

Now I’ll say something nice. They did serve Starbucks coffee and the food was pretty descent. That’s about it for me.

3  Thank Veda P
Reviewed 15 February 2007

I was concerned about this hotel having read some of the reviews but found my concerns unfounded. The location is sensational especially as Grand Central has been revamped and has excellent restaurants. The bathrooms in the hotel are small but compensated for by the lovely Portico toiletries. The rooms have been redecorated to a very acceptable standard with enormous, comfortable beds and pleasing furnishings.
Don't expect much help from the staff - the front desk is extremely busy but it's so easy to find your way around the city that you probably won't need more than a street/subway map. Enjoy!

Stayed: December 2006
4  Thank AJWSydney
Reviewed 14 February 2007

We rarely stay at hotels in NYC, but this time our family and friends could not accomadate us.

I booked a "romance weekend" on the Hyatt website- same price as the regular King room price but with the promise of a bottle of champagne upon arrival.

When my wife and I checked in to this very large hotel, the front desk was VERY busy. Although we arrived prior to the posted checkin time we were told our room was ready, wished a "happy honeymoon" and sent to our room. It turned out to be a 3 room suite. Wow. No view, but still a lovely, clean room.

This is a VERY large hotel attached to Grand Central Station so its conveniently located to many NYC attractions and transportation.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChiTown2
Reviewed 13 February 2007

We booked this hotel for one night in Feb 2007. The room was a little smaller than we are used to, but we didn't care since we were only there to sleep. We booked because of the location and we were very pleased. The closet was huge, bed comfortable, staff friendly, and since we named our own price on Priceline, very affordable. I would definitely recommend it for a weekend, but probably not for business or extended travel, since the room and was a bit on the small side.

3  Thank trip4u22
Reviewed 12 February 2007

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt in New York was a pleasent surprise compared to where we stayed at our last trip in New York. We visited for two nights arriving on 2/9/07. Check in time is not until around 3 pm. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 am and was going to leave our bags with the bellman until we could check in and just go do some sightseeing. To our surprise, our room was ready at 9:30 am.

I have taken many vacations and stayed in many hotels over the years, good and bad ones so I have learned some hard lessons and now before I travel and choose a hotel I do my research on sights such as this. I chose this hotels based on it's locations and reviews.

I booked our hotel and flight together on Travelocity ($1000.00 for roundtrip airfair for 2 from Detroit, 2 nights hotel and transportation to and from airport ). Our room was an Executive Queen on the 21st floor. I could not believe how big this room was compared to other rooms in NYC, and the bathroom was not too small either. Could not hear the traffic or any noise from the street. Maid service was great.

We ate in the hotel restaruant for dinner one evening and ordered calamari and lambchops. Some of the best lambchops weve ever had. Just disappointed because the dinner took an extra long time to come out and we had a show to catch. We let our waiter know our concerns about our time and he apologized letting us know he would take care of us. The manager came over and comped the entire bill for us. Then when we woke up the next morning there was an envelope slipped under our door with 2 vouchers that would comp us for breakfast in their restaurant. (which was nice considering the breakfast buffet is almost 30.00).

You can't beat the location of this hotel either. It is connected to Grand Central Station, lots of restaurants and shopping. If you like oyster bars, the one in Grand Central Station is a must, cant say enough good things about it. The staff was also great at this hotel. Next time we visit NYC this will be the hotel we choose.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank halldm