Arrived around 1pm on Saturday and used the self check-in kiosk. I was happy to be given a room, even though I was there two hours before official check-in time.
Stayed in Room 2003 (Standard King). The room was very spacious, with a comfrotable bed, an armchair + ottoman, a large desk and a lot of extra room.
The bathroom, on the other hand was disappointing. What the website describes as a luxurious bathtub is really a regular standard bathtub. In addition, the bathroom was tiny, and would have been better off with just a shower.
The next day, at check out, I chose to use the self-check kiosk again, because the reception was incredibly crowded. My room had been charged for a one-night valet parking, which I had not used, so I had to check-out with the the reception to get that sorted out.
Other than that, no complaints, the Grand Hyatt is well located, crowded, and offers large rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and two restaurants and lounges. Connected to Grand Central Terminal and next door to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt