10,000 results
All reviewsgrand central stationgreat locationnew yorkchrysler buildingclub leveltimes squarelarge hotelbusy hotelbryant parkhotel lobbyking roomlate checknyc hotelbig applefew blockssubwaymanhattan
Reviewed 26 February 2008

We stayed here for a conference, so it was a little of a "no-choice" situation. Having said that, it was better than we expected, although it was expensive (close to $300 per night) but I guess that's Manhattan.

The room we had was on the 30th floor, so it was spacious, with a walk-in closet. It was cleaned everyday, but it was looking a little tired and worn out, especially the carpet. The front desk staff were polite and efficient, and we were checked in really quickly, despite a long line and this being a huge hotel.

The location of this hotel is fantastic, being right above Grand Central Terminal and the subway lines. It was an easy walk to everywhere else - Bryant Park, Times Square, the United Nations. Lots of stores nearby too, if shopping is your thing.

My quibble with being in a Midtown location is the lack of great restaurant choices in the vicinity. Lots of delis and take-out places for people to eat on the run, but not too many nice sit-down restaurants.

Another problem with the Hyatt - they do nickel and dime you for everything. There is no coffee maker in the room, the internet access is not free, nor are local calls or toll-free phone numbers. So if you have an expense account from your company, all this wouldn't really bother you, I guess.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ohxela
Reviewed 24 February 2008

So the positives - this is a great location in NYC. You are right at Grand Central, so you are at a major transportation hub in New York as well as to/from the Metro North. I highly recommend Michael Jordan's steakhouse, which is right there in Grand Central. For a fun pub that is close, I would recommend Annie Moore's on the back side of Grand Central. It is a 12 minute walk to Times Square, or you can jump on the train as well.

I had stayed here before but never been in a remodeled room, and I was really impressed. It was twice the size of other 4-star hotels in NYC, had a huge bathroom, and very nice amenities. SUper clean! There was a TV in the center of the room that swiveled so you could watch it in bed or at the desk, which came in handy. The new bed was comfortable, nice sheets, etc. These things may seem small, but in NYC hotels can really be spotty, particularly 3-stars.

My biggest annoyance was the walls were PAPER THIN. I could literally hear my neighbor's every single word even in quiet conversations, and the TV in their room sounded like it was right next to me. The hallways were equally loud.

This is a huge hotel that always draws large groups - so check-in and check out can be very crowded and long. The lobby seems to always be filled with the 100-person groups.

Overall above average - ask for a remodeled room - and don't stay here if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank cj_minneapolis
Reviewed 22 February 2008

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt was very nice. Even though the hotel is "grand" in size, it retains a cozy feeling. Our room (2667) was not small. Not huge either, but a comfortable size. The bathroom was lovely, although I have to say I don't really care for the scent of the white ginger soap and shampoo. The beds are very comfortable. The woman at the front desk who checked us in was friendly and welcoming. We used the fitness center on the top floor, which was adequate, but the temperature up there was hotter than I like.

The only disappointment was the loud noise of doors shutting in the hallway. Other than that, it's a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 19 February 2008

The hotel lobby is very nice, very rich looking and grand.
The room itself is average. People have said the room is really small, but I had a corner room 1625 so I don't think it was all that small. The room is kinda depressing however... didn't think it was a 4* as the rating suggests. The bathroom was small but pretty nice - again for NYC standards this is normal. The countertops were nice, the bathroom was clean and the lighting was nice. I just thought the room was very depressing looking... hardly any paintings on the wall.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2008

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt with 3 other friends for 2 nights and I enjoyed the stay. Location is great with Grand Central station below. Entrance was nice and flashy. Rooms are small but thats what you get in New York. Exisiting buildings will have small rooms to fill more people. Room was nice but a little moist (hottest time to be in NY) and had that old building smell which is understandable. Staff was overall great! Prices are a little high but everything else cost alot in NY :o)

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with friends